Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
sick numbers. what kind of dyno was that?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
250 and 280 stock is pretty :shocked: awesome. did you do any intake/intercooler prep before or between runs?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Guys-

Its probably best if the q and a's are asked in the Dyno forum-- i dont want to Mods to get peeved at me for a Double post..well sorta

anyway-

No mods at al 100% stock. The car sat for about 10 mins between runs 2 and 3

It was a Dynojet dyno.

·
Registered
166 Posts
what part of nj are you from again, because i am in kinnelon

·
Registered
651 Posts
Impressive numbers to say the least...

Do you feel you need the fix, or is this something you just want to do? Also, what's the mileage you have on car? I'm just now hitting 1000, and I've never had the lack of power others are talking about. I'm wondering if this is something that hits later in life, or if the dealer flashed mine before purchase.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Impressive numbers to say the least...

Do you feel you need the fix, or is this something you just want to do? Also, what's the mileage you have on car? I'm just now hitting 1000, and I've never had the lack of power others are talking about. I'm wondering if this is something that hits later in life, or if the dealer flashed mine before purchase.
[/b]
I've got a little over 1,000 miles now.

Had power loss once at the oddest time.

I was on the expressway doing about 75ish in 6th I stepped on it about 1/3 throttle and felt a buck and...no power...power loss program had kicked in.

Once I got of the X way I shut the car off, turned back on and power was back.

I think they have a hole in the part throttle fuel tables around 3200 RPM that causes knock and triggers the powerloss, which wouldn't be so bad but....the powerloss program cuts almost all power, near zero boost and only like 1/3 throttle opening available which is total over kill for sensing the onset of knock.

The reflash softens up the knock sensing and then rolls back power if needed in gradual steps not this brickwall of power loss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts