Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a AWD dyno. anyone know where theres one in the tristate area? close to LI if possible.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i know there's one in CT not too far from the NY border. the place is called pruven performance. I'll see if i can get the address for you. They are big with the Evo guys, thats where my car was tuned when i had it

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know there's one in CT not too far from the NY border. the place is called pruven performance. I'll see if i can get the address for you. They are big with the Evo guys, thats where my car was tuned when i had it
[/b]

sweet if you can get that for that would be cool. i wanta do a dyno within 2 weeks.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have an AWD dyno right near me (Long Island). The shop has changed names a couple times, but the AWD dyno is still there. If we ever get these monthly meets going we might be able to scheduel a meet there.

ßill

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
grim whats the shop name now. Maybe ill try milford one im always up in New haven

·
Registered
836 Posts
Last I checked it was Pamden Motorsports (I think). After I get back from VA tomorrow I'll swing by and check it out for sure. Its right off Vets Highway in Bohemia I think.

ßill

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Last I checked it was Pamden Motorsports (I think). After I get back from VA tomorrow I'll swing by and check it out for sure. Its right off Vets Highway in Bohemia I think.

ßill
[/b]
Dang, I used to live in Oakdale. do they have a 2wd dyno as well?

If so maybe we could get a group discount.

·
Registered
836 Posts
If everyone on here wants to do a dyno day as a meet I'll be more then willing to try and get something together with the shop. But I'll need to know how many people will def. come.

ßill

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Hey man, put me down as a maybe. Hopefully we can grab some kind of group discount. I won't be able to make it until october though since this month im gonna be busy pretty much every weekend...

·
Registered
836 Posts
well if there is enough interest and we can get a date I'll take a ride. But usually a shop wants about 10 cars for a discount. So we can open this up to other cars if needed. But we need to show interest and get some dates that everyone is ok with.

ßill

***EDIT This is also something we can discuss at our monthly meets. See new thread for details!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I can do it the 30th of this month. How much $$ we talking??

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry smoke i dont think theres gonna be a dyno meet. Ill eventully go soon enough, might wait till i get the dp or fmic though. too much stuff came up for me to justify to myself to spend 150 dollars just to see how much hp i have.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
$150????

Jesus, I thought it would be around $60 at most.... YIKES well maybe in the spring then or something

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
heres a dyno place in stamford ct. much closer than milford i think.

http://www.icsperformance.com/

they have an awd dyno.

$150 / hour
$95 / 30 minutes

they told me they dont start the clock until the car is hooked up and you can generally get 3 pulls in 30 minutes.

that said, they are always packed...so if you make an appointment be sure to really nail them down. i went to my appointment and they had to turn me away because they were overbooked.

i would be down to do a dyno day.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have to bring this topic back to the top for us. I have found a really nice AWD dyno setup for us. http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/ is willing to help us out for a complete dyno day for us. You can read up on what dyno they have (very nice, and very new). And their prices are pretty good too.

These are just per person:
2wd: $100
AWD: $125
3 Pulls w/ a wideband

or an hour Rental per person:
2wd: $125
AWD: $150

If we get a large enough group to come in, he would rent it to us for either a full or half day. And said it would run about $50-$75 per car depending on how many we can get. And I'm sure we have enough people here that would like to do this. If there is enough interest I'll make a nice dyno day/weekend meet out of this for everyone in the area. So let me know who is in.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Is anyone up for a Spring Dyno meet?? I have a HUGE list of parts coming in, and would love to see what the car is putting down. If there is enough interest I will try to get a full weekend out of this for everyone in the area. This dyno is very nice, shop is pretty nice too. We can even open this up to anyone else willing to come. So lmk if you want to get something together!

ßill

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Where on LI is it? I might just come to check out the cars. seeing as I already got my car dynoed in Philly I see no further purpose to dyno it again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts