Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm strapping up to the dyno next weekend for the first time after getting the car back. heading up the the track where we last raced, as well as last dyno'd the car. at that time, outside of the spike at the end, i ended with 137hp and 140tq.

Here's the "mods":
HiBoost Turbo kit (IHI VF22 snail)
-should be running 15psi i'd guess
Focus bottom end
-Supertech 9:1 pistons (and rings)
-Crower Rods
-upgrade oil pump and baffled pan
-removed balance shaft
Top End
-Supertech valves, springs, guides & retainers (no P&P)
TC Sportline catch can
J&S Safeguard
AWR 2.5 core radiator
Lentech Valvebodies (ATX Tranny)
looks like i'll be running the 2.5 downpipe and the Greddy 2.3 exhaust

I will be running race gas for this dyno session, not going to bother with street and race as it's not a typical dyno session as it's just a couple pulls then on to the next person. IF i can run more boost, then i will, but 15 will be my target boost. need to do some more playing, but it seems i can rev into the 7200-7500 range pretty freely at this point (for those that saw the vid, you might have noticed i was over 80 in 2nd gear) and i still don't know why i can do that...but it's damn fun, and it feel that power is still good up there. by the time i get on the track i will have about 2k-2200 miles on the new engine, and day one i don't know if i'll be running regular or synthetic oil, but will be dyno'ing on the regular for sure.

if i think of anything else i'll post it, and my goal is to just clear the 300 mark, obviously more will be great. anyone's thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm going with 308/301

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
*start music*

I got HOES.. in all the area codes... 311/303

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
as i said this isn't a "real" dyno session. you hook up, make 2-3 pulls back to back and you are done. no time for ANY tweaking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
as i said this isn't a "real" dyno session. you hook up, make 2-3 pulls back to back and you are done. no time for ANY tweaking.
[/b]

Post pictues of your dyno sheet so we can see its legit. I'll go with 250/ 270

·
Registered
216 Posts
307/298

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry guys, as most know the car wasn't there on Sat, and the dyno was down on Sunday. my car wasn't running strong anyhow, so i wouldn't have dyno'd anyhow.

...and 250/270?? that's 12hp and 42tq more than my first dyno, with another 7psi i hope would get more than that!

·
Registered
216 Posts
sorry guys, as most know the car wasn't there on Sat, and the dyno was down on Sunday. my car wasn't running strong anyhow, so i wouldn't have dyno'd anyhow.
...and 250/270?? that's 12hp and 42tq more than my first dyno, with another 7psi i hope would get more than that!
[/b]
and here I was dying to know what its pushing...man what a penis tease this was.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i'm pushing 17psi now without issues, so just gotta wait for the DP and exhaust. think i'm gonna drop off the car for DP on Friday, but we'll see how finances go....don't know if i wanna drive around without exhaust for a week until i get it done? but i'm trying to dyno before Vegas for sure!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
MrTea
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing