Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever thought about using the stuff they spray truck beds with like Rhino or speedliner instead of using dynamat? Or doing dynamat first then using speedliner to cover it all? I might spray a can with it just to do a little test to see how much t deadens the sound kinda like the old dynamat test display.
You can spray it on as thick as you want.
It will get all the areas that are hard to place dynamat on.
You can color match it to your car as well.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm partial to Dyna mat but that might be a good idea. It will probably be sustantialy lighter than Dyna mat aswell. Guinea Pig?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm not sure about using bedliner spray for deadening, but application-specific liquid sound deadeners have been around for decades. Cascade V-Blok and SecondSkin Sludge are some of the more popular ones.

There are several disadvantages to liquid deadeners. For me, the biggest downside is the time it takes for that stuff to dry. You're pretty much stationary for a whole day before you can reassemble your interior. But several people report that the results just aren't quite as good as butyl-based deadener mats. Probably because it just isn't as resistant to vibrations as butyl. If you apply it in several layers, you'll get better results, but then that's 2 or 3 days waiting for it to dry.

BTW, when looking for a good deadener, light weight is pretty much the opposite direction. The best deadeners are usually the heaviest because deadening is based on mass-loading. The exception is 100% butyl rubber (Dynamat Extreme, SecondSkin Damplifier and Damplifier Pro) because it had tremendous dampening qualities on its own.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts