Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I think this DIY thread has officially been hijacked by reviews/questions about spacers overall :)

So would you say Eibach studs are up to par? I can't seem to find anything online about them being poor quality/snapping like I have found about the Ichiba's.

My issue with ARP is the fact that the stud is going to be too long even with the spacer in and I will have to use open ended lugs, which if the whole point of doing this is for looks then defeats the purpose in my mind.

I found these:

Eibach Wheel Spacers, Eibach Spacers, Wheel Spacer

So if you select '06+ Mazda Miata you'll see that the specs for the spacers/lugs are exactly the same as the '14+ Mazda 6.

Any thoughts on these? I'm 50/50 on Ichiba; I read all the links you posted and that worries me. The way I drive my car (like a maniac) on a regular basis, specially through LA means that having wheels flying off and snapped studs is the last thing I want in the back of my mind.
Read above. Any bolt-on spacers are just a bad idea period. What kind of spacer are you planning on running that APR or Ichiba studs are too long?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think this DIY thread has officially been hijacked by reviews/questions about spacers overall :)
Whoops! My bad :p

Read above. Any bolt-on spacers are just a bad idea period. What kind of spacer are you planning on running that APR or Ichiba studs are too long?
The Eibach's are not bolt-on, sorry for the confusion, they have 2 options on the website. 1 for bolt on and 1 for ones that come with extended studs.

I haven't read anything bad about the eibach extended studs and can't find anyone who has had them fail.

The ARP studs are perfect with a 20mm spacer - for the rear wheels you can use the stock lug nuts and it will be fine.

For the front wheels if you use a 15mm spacer the stud is going to be too long to use a stock closed lug nut so you will have to purchase an open end lug nut so you can torque the wheel properly. Basically not clean looking.

I was thinking of Eibach wheel spacers (extended stud type) and install those instead of Ichiba. I was wondering if anyone had heard negative reviews about Eibach wheel studs?

Ichiba studs would be perfect length but after reading those other threads I became a little nervous about using them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ok my last mod. Seriously lol...... Tanabe springs here....stock wheels. so 15 front and 20 rear with arp studs?

Are the ones you posted on the diy high end product? Wife and two kids and i do a decent amount of driving being in sales plus i semi abuse my 6
. Im afraid of a stud snapping
After browsing other forums, I wouldn't trust ichiba's studs or any bolt on spacer for that matter. The ARP studs are excellent quality and any non-bolt-on spacer will work with them. The ones that I got off of ebay were great quality pieces of machined aluminum. I'll see if I can find them for you.

Edit: So I can't find the 20mm spacers that I got, but I did find the 15mm ones. My recommendation would be:

1. Use the ARP studs so you don't have to worry about anything falling off.

2. Get this set of 4 15mm spacers to put on all four hubs.

3. Then slip these 2 5mm spacers onto the rear spacers. They'll fit just fine since the 15mm spacers have a hubcentric lip machined into them.

4. Then pick up a set of
in case you ever need to mount the spare donut.

Be sure to torque everything correctly, then re-torque after a few miles, and again after 100 miles or so. Just like with new aluminum wheels, you'll have some compression of the material as they break in.
Do you think lowered on corksport springs I can do 20mm upfront and 25mm in the rear? My rear is rolled as well when I had 245/40/19

21 - 24 of 24 Posts