Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im looking to get a dvd / nav setup in the car in the next few weeks. i was just wondering what you all would suggest. ive been doing alot of research, and there's a few different setups ive looked at, but i havent been able to decide as of yet.

i was thinking about getting the Alpine IVA-D310
link: http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/prod...?model=IVA-D310

and then the navigation unit, and then installing it in the map compartment so it could be hidden when not in use.

but after seeing spiky's post i was thinking that i may want to go more along something that looks similar, except go with a carputer setup and a nice screen from eclipse.

any suggestions? pro's / con's of certain screens, placement of the unit, etc?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
i've got the n2 and my only complaints are having to have the navi disc in (which doesn't really matter to me since I used my ipod for all of my music) and the fact that it doesn't read mp3's off of a DVD. Other than that, I've had no problems with it and love it! :drool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you considered the Eclipse AVN 7000?
[/b]
hmm, didnt see that one before. but i like what i see. thanks for pointing that one out :)

vt - any pics of your install? i didnt see any on your cardomain page.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
hmm, didnt see that one before. but i like what i see. thanks for pointing that one out :)

vt - any pics of your install? i didnt see any on your cardomain page.
[/b]
I don't have any pics of mine, but go to the picture section below here and search for "avic". There are several installs to look at, I just haven't taken the time to take a picture of mine yet. It's only been in for 9 months.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...071&hl=avic

that's one of em.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
N3 is a good option also.
[/b]
i think i found my winner w/the N3. great little unit. i really like the eclipse, but i think the pioneer is a better fit for my needs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts