Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Two weeks ago I ordered a Mazda6 2.0 Executive (leather etc..) and DVD navigation to replace my Alfa 156. I always wanted to have a navigation system because you can better concentrate on driving the car instead of having discussions with my my wife about the direction :D . The Mazda dealer didn't have any specifications about this system. Does anyone know the specs like does it have detailed maps, TMC etc..

Gr,

Alfa

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'DVD in Mazda6'

Hi,

You did not reply to the question. But in every country they have different packages. In the Netherlands it starts with the Exclusiv followed by the Touring and then the Executive. There is version "Active" but this one is only for the 2.3 liter sport. Via this forum I hope to find an answer to the specs for the DVD navigation system which is an extra option here in the Netherlands which I hope could be very usefull to avoid heavy traffic and thus to save time and stress :p .

Gr,

Alfa

·
Registered
8 Posts

From what I understand (and I certainly could be wrong); the nav system is not going to be offered (at least no initially) in the US, so I haven't seen a whole lot about it mentioned in the US publications. Sorry.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hi,

Any luck getting info on the TMC possibilities? I'am looking for that information too.

greatings, Ludo

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

The DVD-Rom based navigation system has not yet been specified in any document I've seen anywhere on the Internet or elswhere, and I've read a LOT of info on this car...

However, there are a few details I can share.

The screen pops up and folds into the dashboard. This placement looks cool, but the downside is that you get it very high up towards the dash, with a lot of light and contrast difficulties in strong sunlight. I've read some complaint about this in early tests. This could indicate that the screen is not of TFT type, but I can't confirm that.

The DVD is controlled from a removable remote control that fits into the center console close to the shift.

A security detail is that you cannot alter any settings or control the NAV system in any way during driving. According to a test I read yesterday, this is somewhat annoying since you often have a passenger also that can control the NAV. You STILL has to pull over to change anything...

It is very likely that this NAV system, like similar systems in Volvo, Mercedes, Porsche, Jaguar, Lexus etc. is based on the Destinator software from Powerloc (www.powerloc.com). They in turn use maps from Navtech (www.navtech.com).

Dunno if this helps any, but I hope so.

·
Registered
246 Posts

Originally posted by Alfa

Hi,

You did not reply to the question. But in every country they have different packages. In the Netherlands it starts with the Exclusiv followed by the Touring and then the Executive. There is version "Active" but this one is only for the 2.3 liter sport. Via this forum I hope to find an answer to the specs for the DVD navigation system which is an extra option here in the Netherlands which I hope could be very usefull to avoid heavy traffic and thus to save time and stress  :p .

Gr,

Alfa[/b]
So you're from Holland too!! Dan kunnen we ook gewoon NL's praten..
Dus, je/U (?) hebt een Mazda 6 besteld/gekocht (sedan, neem ik aan?); en daarbij een nav. sys bijbesteld? Het lijkt me nl. tamelijk lastig om dit later erin te zetten, sinds het display volledig in het dashboard geintegreerd is.. Het precieze hoe en waarom over dit systeem weet ik niet, maar een tijdje geleden heb ik een proefrit gemaakt met een 6 MET nav., wat me best een aardig systeem lijkt. Het werkt redelijk snel, en is naar mijn mening niet te duur (1500 euro's). Alleen heb je wat minder zich erop bij 'n felle zon. Wat dat betreft is 't een gelukdat je die dan ook niet zo vaak ziet in NL.. ('elk nadeel heb ze voordeel' om Cruyff te citeren.. ;). Ik zou of voor dit systeem gaan, of er niet aan beginnen, omdat je dan zo'n 'los' beeldscherm in je auto krijgt, wat weer een grote aantrekkingskracht heeft op het boevengilde :(

Coen

Ps. to all you non-Dutch; try to translate this.. (could be fun.. Steve?) :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Coen, this is the WorldLingo.com translation of your post.. pretty funny..

Therefore, je/U (?) ordered a Mazda 6/bought (sedan, adopts I?); and thereby it a nav. sys adjusted? It seems me nl. fairly cumbersome this later to put, since the posting has been entirely in the dashboard geintegreerd. . It exactly how and why concerning I do not know this system, but a tijdje suffered I proefrit made with 6 WITH nav. what me best a nice system seems. It works reasonable rapidly, and is in my opinion not too expensive (euros 1500). Only have per what less himself above ' n felle sun. What that concerns is ' t that your that does not see thus thus frequently in NL. . (' each disadvantage has them advantage ' Cruyff to cite. . . I would enter or for this system, or it not to starts, because you get then such ' loose ' display device for each car, what has a large attraction on the gangster boevengilde

-Alan
:p

·
Registered
246 Posts

Cool! Didn't know that Dutch was such an hard language to translate (for a pc then ;))..
It translated most of the words right, but the other forms like Present Continuous, etc. not at all. Quite a laugh, though :D
Thanx...

Coen

·
Registered
244 Posts

Originally posted by AliAL

Coen, this is the WorldLingo.com translation of your post.. pretty funny..

Therefore, je/U (?) ordered a Mazda 6/bought (sedan, adopts I?);  and thereby it a nav.   sys adjusted?  It seems me nl.   fairly cumbersome this later to put, since the posting has been entirely in the dashboard geintegreerd.  . It exactly how and why concerning I do not know this system, but a tijdje suffered I proefrit made with 6 WITH nav.  what me best a nice system seems.   It works reasonable rapidly, and is in my opinion not too expensive (euros 1500).   Only have per what less himself above ' n felle sun.   What that concerns is ' t that your that does not see thus thus frequently in NL.  . (' each disadvantage has them advantage ' Cruyff to cite.  . . I would enter or for this system, or it not to starts, because you get then such ' loose ' display device for each car, what has a large attraction on the gangster boevengilde

-Alan
:p[/b]
LOL! :D :D :D

Try and translate this once more into some exotic language and back to english - gets even better.

·
Registered
246 Posts

But where is 'mr. Alfa' now we've answered all his questions (or not..)??
BTW, strange name on a MAZDA forum... Alfa. But they do make nice cars. Check the following pics (for all you US-people):

The Alfa 156 GTA

Quite cool, not?

Coen

·
Registered
246 Posts

I forgot to say that the Alfa 156 GTA (see pics last post) 'does' the 0-100 km job in 6.3 sec (that's what the Dutch Auwoweek says); and the car has 250 hp and frontwheeldrive.. What will the 6 MPS do then? 'Cause it has 280 hp, 4WD it will be faster than the GTA, but how fast? 0-100 under 6 sec? Now that would be ass-kickin'..
:D

Coen

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Alfa is still just a Fiat, sorry Alfa-fans...

When the Alfas are delivered to the dealers, the factory document says "Produced by Fiat, Italy"...

And I don't like Fiat.

But I do hand them the design part. They are good at that. Exterior design, that is. The people responsible for the interior should go back to the dungeons from where they came.

I agree with Applejax on that... :D

·
Registered
246 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Alfa is still just a Fiat, sorry Alfa-fans...

When the Alfas are delivered to the dealers, the factory document says "Produced by Fiat, Italy"...

And I don't like Fiat.

But I do hand them the design part. They are good at that. Exterior design, that is. The people responsible for the interior should go back to the dungeons from where they came.

I agree with Applejax on that... :D[/b]
Ok, the brand Fiat sucks, but the exterior design is not the only thing which is good, what do you think of what they put under those bonnets? Superb engines, much stronger than other brands with the same L's.. And they make a nice, sporty sound (even a 1.6!!). Just like the 2.3 MZR from the 6 (or read it backwards ;))

Coen

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I don't agree that the Alfo Romeo's can be compared with Fiat's. Alfa 156 is just a very good car. I drove one for four years. Now I choose the mazda6 2.0 because it is cheaper as a lease car and looks a little bit like the Alfa. But my heart would like the new 156 2.0 liter, it's a lot faster and more beautifull from a design point of view and the interior design is is great! The same is with women you can not always get what you want! :)

Alfa

·
Registered
246 Posts

Originally posted by Alfa

I don't agree that the Alfo Romeo's can be compared with Fiat's. Alfa 156 is just a very good car. I drove one for four years. Now I choose the mazda6 2.0 because it is cheaper as a lease car and looks a little bit like the Alfa. But my heart would like the new 156 2.0 liter, it's a lot faster and more beautifull from a design point of view and the interior design is is great! The same is with women you can not always get what you want! :)

Alfa[/b]
I get your point here; an Alfa looks/drives better than a Fiat, but when it's produced in the same factory's, the only difference is the brand-logo (and maybe some materials are more expensive, but that's all). And Fiat is NOT well-known for it's reliability or craftmanship.. neither does Alfa.. But MAZDA does ;)
And the 6 does look like the 156/147, but it has it's own styling, and it has a better interior design (come on man, look better! :)). The 156' interior looks dated.

Coen

Ps. I think the same isn't with woman; you just have to 'try' harder.. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts