Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey

man ive been reading up alot on these forums and im impressed with what i hear. Im getting out of my 1.6 no vetc honda civc 2 door and getting into the 6s 5 speed. Man i cant wait. But as i read here my question is are Durateck performance and msdsinc the only ones werking on this damn car??? whats up with that??? also if so does any one already have the headers on their 6s 5 speed??? I see the shorty headers a re 700 are they worth 700??? please inform cause i dont wanna spend 700 for nutting also are they planning on coming out with long tube headers for this (can this even be done)???? anyone heard about a ecu upgrade??? and cant wait for cold air intake to get under way. Please lemme know what u guys think laters

·
Registered
388 Posts
Reading Topic: Durateck Performance and msdsinc only ones?????

he duretec headers are supposed to add almost 20 wheel horse power. i dont think anybody has done the full cai, exhaust, and headers.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Dude, this car has only been on the streets for 6 months, be patient.

Furthermore, MSDS are the only ones with headers so far. DP is just a distributor of the MSD headers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'Durateck Performance and msdsinc only ones?????'

ohh ok thanks guys i was just wondering because those are the obly people everyone talks about. Man cant wait for more..

patiently wating to blow (50 cent)

thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts

Originally posted by sigeppoopoobo

hey  

man ive been reading up alot on these forums and im impressed with what i hear. Im getting out of my 1.6 no vetc honda civc 2 door and getting into the 6s 5 speed. Man i cant wait. But as i read here my question is are Durateck performance and msdsinc the only ones werking on this damn car??? whats up with that??? also if so does any one already have the headers on their 6s 5 speed??? I see the shorty headers a re 700 are they worth 700??? please inform cause i dont wanna spend 700 for nutting also are they planning on coming out with long tube headers for this (can this even be done)???? anyone heard about a ecu upgrade??? and cant wait for cold air intake to get under way. Please lemme know what u guys think laters[/b]
AEM-CAI in the summer (could be late summer)
Injen-CAI in the summer
APEXi- full range of bolt on parts. These should be out sometime in the summer (July/August)
JIC- Coilvers and Exhaust- July/August/September
Kenne Bell- They have a 6s in for R&D, could be a year or so before any supercharger comes out
Tanabe- Springs will ship in august; they are looking for prototype cars for exhaust (they are loacted in the Socal area)
Tein- nothin yet, maybe somethin possible down the road (demand dependent)
5Zigen-nothin yet; somethin possible down the road (demand dependent)
skunk2-nothin....i don't think they;ll make anything
GReddy/Trust- turbo kit for the 4 banger in Japan; Exhaust for Japanese model (should be the same setup)
AutoEXE- some boltons for the 4 banger in Japan
Various Japanese companies for springs (don't use these for the V6 model here)
Of course, we can't forget about DuratecPerformance and msdsinc. One should also consider going custom too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

thanks cant wait till all those toys are available lol

laters

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

This car has been availible for over a year, there should be some mods out by now...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Diablo will have the Predator ECU reprogrammer available that will allow you to reprogram the A/F map for higher octane and raise the speed governor. Possibly will be out sometime this Fall (even though they're saying maybe late Summer). It will run ~$400.

Eibach is out there with springs for the 6i and 6s.

·
Registered
389 Posts

$400 is not too bad for that unit. The Honda guys are paying 600 bucks for their Hondata reflashes. I think this is going to be a good deal.

M

·
0 Posts

If you want to see what kinds of things have already been done to the duratec engine, go check out www.contour.org The guys over there (including me) have been modding this engine since 1995.

Yes, the 6 engine is a 3L but the Contour guys have been using the 3L block with different combinations of SVT heads and intakes and been quite successful, see http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/postlist...p?Cat=&Board=3L

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Originally posted by Phrosted

This car has been availible for over a year, there should be some mods out by now...[/b]
In the U.S, we've only been able to get our hands on this car since December. Hence not many American companies have jumped on the bandwagon just yet. That's why we're already seeing Japenese companies with body kits and such, because they've had the car for a year. But who can afford to import parts?

I don't know why everyone is so impatient.

·
Registered
389 Posts

Any guys in socal who are willing to give their car to Tanabe for exhaust system development will probably get the exhaust for free.....just something to think about. Instead of being impatient, trailer ur car around for R&D work....it'd help us all out a lot. Heck, i would do it right this second....but i need my car for summer school and don't have a second car aroud. But those of you with second or even third cars....this might be somethin to think about. I'll call some more companies today and see what's in the mix.....btw, anyone have the number or contact info for streetflight performance?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts