Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i havent seen anyone really talk about this too much in detail, i have gained some interest in these new duratec 35 motors 3.5 and 3.7 L i believe on the new mazda 6 s these power plants come with 265 and 275 stock which is like on par with a g35 motor to say the least. my question is what are the power potential? of Duratec 30's and 35's is it just worth it to get a 3.7 L and turbo it? i know you can bore out a 3.0L into a 3.2 or maybe something higher, but what power potential can we expect with our stock internals? and even so with aftermarket internals? better to swap a duratec 35 into our cars? is it possible? this will probably be a debatable thread post up!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
i wonder if the 3.5 or 3.7 would fit in our 6 (inc mtx)and if so how much trouble would it be to wire everything up? if it can be done with no prob, for thousands of dollar$, who's willing to pay that much money to get it done?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
yes, this is an interesting post. im glad you put it out there, i just dont know many people out there that would put that much $ into the 6.

if i had a lil more $$ when bought my 6, i would've purchased a G35 with a mtx! its sporty like the 6, but it has more power, sexy exh note, and a larger price tag. i think ill enjoy the 6 until it dies, then go for something more classy, roomy, and powerful!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i mean putting 4,000 into my 6 with lets say 10k total inside including price tag i would spend 14k in total for 300+whp > g35 if you put the numbers together, used g35's and 350z run around 18k

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
that's true, but i think i got what i paid for at the time. i didnt want to put a whole lot of money into it, i'd love to see somebody do the engine upgrade to see how much trouble it would be and the cost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts