Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, can ya tell me everything that mazda changed for duratec engine and everything that was kept from ford?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Duratec engine?'

Quite simply. The only part that's from Ford is the Duratec block. Everything else is ground-up Mazda.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

whose exhaust, intake, cylinders are from? ford or mazda?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

I have noticed that the M6 mufflers look similar to the ones on the Ford Focus. That being said, it could still be a Mazda design. That doesn't really have much to do with the engine.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

They are Mazda. The round V6's also look almost exactly like the Acura TL's.

It's hard to make something as uniform as the shape of an exhaust outlet look different. But doesn't prove anything :D

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

I'm not referring to the exhaust tips, the acutal muffler canisters look more rectangular than round or oval, which resemble the focus exhaust

C

·
0 Posts

After an intense under the hood examination, majority of the bottom end is ford. There are many ford parts incl the Motorcraft oil filter. The block and its components are the same as I have seen in the Taurus' Hope this helps,

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

since your using the engine block wouldn't you have to use the Ford oil filter? what else would that apply to?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

come on thats a great quote :) I thought about using "drive it like you stole it", but that sounds a little amatuer :)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

I've see it as " If your car corners like it's on rails...you aren't going fast enough"

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by applejax

Now, see, I love that one:  Drive it like you stole it.

Hmmm...It's mine now![/b]
Thief

Now I want one

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

applejax,

I've been meaing to ask you, what the hell is that picture that is your avatar? I've seen that before somewhere....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts