Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a loose rearview mirror for a little more then a week, but never had time to go in and have them check it out. I would have tightened it myself, but you need a small star tool that I don’t have. So I go in and tell them about it, right away a tech comes out with the tool to tighten it up. I guess the guy wanted to make sure to tighten it up once and for all and put some muscle into it. Guy completely breaks the mirror off the attachment on the window. The window has a bracket that lets the mirror slide over it and then gets tightened up from the mirror. He tried to tell me that it has been broken for a while and that’s why it was loose in the first place. Of course this was wrong cuz the piece he broke was on the ground and now the mirror couldn't stay on the window at all. Now they need to order a whole new windshield Does this sound right? It's all under warranty so nothing is coming out of my pocket, but I'm a little worried about getting a new windshield and it not being perfectly installed, I hate unneeded wind noise. I wish I just bought the tool... :swearin:
P.S. It seems silly to me that you can't buy the piece that goes on the windshield...

·
Registered
826 Posts
Tear a new hole in him. What kind of a dumbass puts muscle into a piece like that? Talk to your Mazda area rep if theres any problems with wind noise with the new windshield and say that you are very disappointed with both the service and how the tech lied. The dealer will soon be kissing your ass and seeing how they can fix the problem. hopefully there won't be any but good luck.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Replacing windshields is like getting gas... its so common and easy.... YES places do fuck it up... I know from first hand experience.... Windshield in my civic didn't get installed properly.... and living in oregon it rained all the time.. leaked... floors were soaked... and my alarm unit got wet and fried...

But thats a rare case... in MOST cases you'll have no issues... I wouldn't worry about it. The dealership doesn't do that kinda work.. they'll send it to local glass shop... maybe ask them who they use... and then go have a look for yourself... get a feel for the quality they might do... =)

·
Registered
507 Posts
If you had the basic mirror try to get the upgraded auto-dimming, home-link, compass, mirror :thumbup:

I wouldn't be too worried about a poorly replaced windshield. Even in the event it is done wrong they still have to fix it. And in that case get 'em for a set of Mazdaspeed optional rims! haha!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts