Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you removed the CP-E badging on the intake??? Well I took it off a few days ago and am still a little hesitant on the glue it left behind, because I don't want to use anything to abrasive and remove the powdercoating...

Anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks...

·
Registered
364 Posts
massage it with your thumbs...just rub the glue with your thumbs and it'll ball up to smudges, then dissipate

·
Registered
361 Posts
Try fire!!!! Then take pictures so we can see how "well" it worked!!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Ben,

Try goo gone first. Its not an abrasive. I actually used it when debadging my V6 and Mazda6 tags on my car.
[/b]
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you have exhausted all those options, you can try either Acetone or gasoline. But please make sure that you thoroughly clean the pipe before reinstalling or you will not like the outcome.

We used to use these methods in the Navy when nothing else would work.

·
Registered
721 Posts
WD40 to remove the fresh adhesive, and then rubbing alcohol or Windex to remove the WD40. Guaranteed to work, this is tried and true... Never fails. Note: old adhesive will take a lot more time to come off if adhesive has already dried and hardened from time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
12 Participants
dj petey
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing