Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone keeps mentioning true duals and I keep looking at Simple_Man's pictures of his single 2.5" conversion and several people were mentioning 2.5" duals from the headers/manifolds on back, I don't see how that is possible with the current setup, it looks like the pipe would be just too big for both 2.5"s to fit. Here is a link to Simple_Man's exhaust mod page for you to see what I'm talking about:

http://users.adelphia.net/~simpleman/Exhau...aust/index.html

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Reading Topic: Duals Will Fit?

Well, I assume you're talking about the 6s with the two sets of headers, one for each bank of 3 cylinders? Simpleman has the 6i so it's single pipe all the way back to the "y" before the mufflers. Check out this thread for under-side pics of the 6s:

http://www.mazda6club.com/forums/read.php?TID=2711

It looks as though it's true dual just beyond midpoint of the chassis, then a "y" down to a single and splits back to dual for the mufflers. You might be able to fit true dual straight back to the mufflers, but I would only do that if you remove the cats (or get high flows) and get high flow mufflers else you lose the balance of back-pressure.

Is that what you're asking about?

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Ah yes, thank you, got a little confused when Simple_Man states on the webpage that the 6i and 6s exhaust setup is the same.

I'm going to remove the cats, no point in having them when there are no emission checks anymore here. I might put some Borla Turbo or Flowmaster mufflers back there, not into that whole big gaudy fart cannon type of thing. Recently had one of the Borla Turbos from my dead truck put on my brother's girlfriend's Tiburon and it sounded pretty damn good, nice and deep at idle and even climbing the RPMs, still deep, not buzzy or empty tin can sound.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Yes, I'm exploring my options too. Would like the Duratec Performance header upgrade paired with perhaps a high flow cat, though that would require some custom work, and a pair of high flow mufflers. Something nice and deep sounding but like you said, no fart cannons/bumble bee buzzers. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts