Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting a dual stage rev limiter - 1st stage for the launch - 2nd stage don't really care

Does anybody know of an aftermarket product for the speed 6 that will do this?

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I don't quite understand what you mean... you want to limit the RPMs differently for 1st gear in a launch?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I don't quite understand what you mean... you want to limit the RPMs differently for 1st gear in a launch?
[/b]
It basically would let you hold down the gas when you are ready to launch and the limit would keep the rpms at the predetermined optimum launch rpm, then after launch it goes to the 2nd stage which would just be the regular redline.

Don't know if you can get one working with the MS6 or not.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It basically would let you hold down the gas when you are ready to launch and the limit would keep the rpms at the predetermined optimum launch rpm, then after launch it goes to the 2nd stage which would just be the regular redline.

Don't know if you can get one working with the MS6 or not.
[/b]
yep - that's exactly what I'm looking for.

there has got to be something out there that can do this?

·
Registered
353 Posts
yep - that's exactly what I'm looking for.

there has got to be something out there that can do this?
[/b]
eventually maybe. right now there is not much for the car. Maybe one of the very few places that has something to tune could put this in there. Why not go all the way and go with a 3 stage (or 3 step, whatever you want to call it) Launch rev limiter, regualr rev limiter, and NLTS limiter. I have it on my talon and love it, though the NLTS is probably not the best thing for a transmission, of course, neither is launching at high rpms.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I believe only the hydra and utec do it on subies so I would contact those companies. As of right now I don't know of one but maybe something is out there that I missed.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm wanting a dual stage rev limiter - 1st stage for the launch - 2nd stage don't really care

Does anybody know of an aftermarket product for the speed 6 that will do this?
[/b]
me to i was looking for that , so i called MSD ignition and they told me that next year they will have it available for our cars!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts