Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a new mazda 6 with a factory navigation system and a Nokia Cw-7 carkit. Whenever the voice of my navigation system is speaking not only my left audio is muted but my ongoing telephone conversation as well.

I asked the mazda dealer and they mentioned that there is nothing to be done about this.

is this true or do i have a lousy dealer? I believe a so called radio mute box is used :

http://www.kram.dk/Images/Vejledninger_Eng/EN100.pdf

Is it possible to set the priority when two audio sources are used (carkit, NAV). In my cae the carkit should have priority over the NAV system.

thankds for your thoughts about this subject.

george

·
Registered
829 Posts
Not an expert, but if your kit works like my Sony Ericsson kit, then, you are tapping into the speakers...which means the Nav can't tell the difference between muting the radio, or muting the phone because it just mutes the speakers.

A couple things I can think of:

1. Use the external speaker...yeah I know, that sucks.

2. Tap into the left speaker only (at the Nav somehow?)...although I would think that having the phone conversation AND the Nav is going to be hard to understand anyway.

Otherwise, even if you find an option to not mute the phone at all, that means your radio won't mute either (I think). Good luck.

Hi All,

I have a new mazda 6 with a factory navigation system and a Nokia Cw-7 carkit. Whenever the voice of my navigation system is speaking not only my left audio is muted but my ongoing telephone conversation as well.

I asked the mazda dealer and they mentioned that there is nothing to be done about this.

is this true or do i have a lousy dealer? I believe a so called radio mute box is used :

http://www.kram.dk/Images/Vejledninger_Eng/EN100.pdf

Is it possible to set the priority when two audio sources are used (carkit, NAV). In my cae the carkit should have priority over the NAV system.

thankds for your thoughts about this subject.

george
[/b]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hawk,

Thes situation is as follows:

1) Music over all speakers
2) NAV -> left: mute & NAV; right: music
3) Phone-> left: mute & phone; right: mute
4) Phone+ NAV -> left: mute+ NAV; right: mute [ this is undesired; the phone is muted by the navigation]

Is this reaaly the way it should be? I am thinking of exchanging the NAV and Phone signals to get:

Phone+nav -> left mute+ phone; right: mute

does anybody have a wiring scheme of the stock Navigation system please?

cheers,

George

·
Registered
829 Posts
If I understand you correctly, then sure, sounds like it'd work. Hopefully someone comes up with the diagram for ya. Good luck.

Thanks Hawk,

Thes situation is as follows:

1) Music over all speakers
2) NAV -> left: mute & NAV; right: music
3) Phone-> left: mute & phone; right: mute
4) Phone+ NAV -> left: mute+ NAV; right: mute

Is this the way it should be? I am thinking of exchanging the NAV and Phone signals to get:

Phone+nav -> left mute+ phone; right: mute

does anybody have a wiring scheme of the stock Navigation system please?

cheers,

George
[/b]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am a bit further in my thinking process and thought that a solution could be to have two mute boxes in series. One for the NAV and one for the phone. he mute box for the telephone should be closest to the speakers.

this raises two questions:

1) is it possible to have two mute boxes in series?
2) does the stock nav have a mute output signal?

anybody?

george

1 - 5 of 5 Posts