Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MX-5 with DSC and the tuning of the system compared to the DSC in my MS6 is completely different. The MX-5 DSC activates very quickly and really doesn't allow the tail to hang out. The DSC on the MS6 allows a great deal of tail wag! This includes rear end power over-steer when the road is wet. The MS6 DSC system does kick on but it really allows a ton of over-steer compared to other cars I have driven with stability control systems. I have driven Porsche's that activate stability control earlier than the MS6!

I have to congratulate Mazda on allowing so much oversteer when this system is deployed. I tested out the system at an autocross and only activated it once. Its truly a system that only deploys when you are very close to spinning the car.

I just wish they had put similar DSC tuning in the MX-5!!!! I always have to turn off DSC in the twisties on that car.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I noticed the same thing. Others have been talking about defeating it to drive better. But I have found the only time it kicks in is to the tires from spinning on launch and when someone cuts you off on the highway. Really hard driving into turns doesnt even seem to activate it. :drive:

·
Registered
210 Posts
This also brings up another question. In the Sport Compact Car review, it says "Yank the emergency brake in the new Mazdaspeed6 at speed and the car's all-wheel-drive system automatically disengages drive to the rear wheels. The fact that this ham-fisted, ass-out, "Dukes of Hazzard" buffoonery was a design consideration is Mazda's way of saying it cares" Would this mean that with the park break set one could dyno the car on a 2wd dyno?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Would this mean that with the park break set one could dyno the car on a 2wd dyno?
[/b]
This has been mentioned about a dozen times in the last month or so. The answer is "Possibly, but are you willing to chance it?"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts