Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not find anything on this....

Does the car loose boost with DSC off? Or render the speed (less power)?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Bingo, possible its the other way around....

I got to thinking about the Mazdaspeed3, and how it has "less power" in 1st and 2nd, and the only thing I can think of is that when TCS has to function, the ECU opens the wastegate further.....

Anyone else think this is possible?

·
Registered
166 Posts
no, we had the dsc off when i had my car on the dyno and it went to 17 psi peak then calmed down to 15psi constantly still 5500rpms then it drops. also noted that driving with the dsc off gets you better fuel economy..the reason behind this is that the ecu now doesn't control automatic braking during hard cornering, acceleration, wheel spin, etc... so with the dsc off you are actually in a sense converting to a manual override.

·
Registered
998 Posts
no, we had the dsc off when i had my car on the dyno and it went to 17 psi peak then calmed down to 15psi constantly still 5500rpms then it drops. also noted that driving with the dsc off gets you better fuel economy..the reason behind this is that the ecu now doesn't control automatic braking during hard cornering, acceleration, wheel spin, etc... so with the dsc off you are actually in a sense converting to a manual override.
[/b]
Hmm, good point. I'll have to try this and shoot for something other than 17mpg.

Jason

·
Registered
940 Posts
Bingo, possible its the other way around....

I got to thinking about the Mazdaspeed3, and how it has "less power" in 1st and 2nd, and the only thing I can think of is that when TCS has to function, the ECU opens the wastegate further.....

Anyone else think this is possible?
[/b]
or pulls timing and boost? My focus SVT still pulled timing below 20mph in traction situations with TCS off (just wouldn't do brake grabbing). Might be same philosophy?

·
Registered
166 Posts
or pulls timing and boost? My focus SVT still pulled timing below 20mph in traction situations with TCS off (just wouldn't do brake grabbing). Might be same philosophy?
[/b]
I think that that is another possibility, either way the stock ecu is wacky, but driving the with dsc off is so much more enjoyable and better on gas as well.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Is there any way to convert the the DSC switch to default to OFF instead of ON? I'd like to be able to turn it on in the winter or when it rains. other than that i'd have it off all the time. any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Is there any way to convert the the DSC switch to default to OFF instead of ON? I'd like to be able to turn it on in the winter or when it rains. other than that i'd have it off all the time. any suggestions?
[/b]
Here, Here. Kind of a pain, like the lawyer display on the Nav. Everytime I start my car I have to press the nav button and the dsc...Boo :(

·
Registered
209 Posts
[/b]
Id have to look at the switch, it either completes the circuit or breaks the circuit when you "turn it off", im assuming it completes the circuit when off, in which case you just have to connect the wires on either side of the switch together to make it constantly off. Assuming thats how it works..

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Id have to look at the switch, it either completes the circuit or breaks the circuit when you "turn it off", im assuming it completes the circuit when off, in which case you just have to connect the wires on either side of the switch together to make it constantly off. Assuming thats how it works..
[/b]
well that would work...but then how would he turn it back on?

·
Registered
998 Posts
We just need to have an EE guy build up a board that throws a relay when the car is powered on to complete/break the connection. And then when the button is pressed, the relay is reversed.

SLP did this for the F-bodies and their TCS system. Was well worth the $25

Jason

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
It's just momentary switch that just pulses ground when you press it. You should be able to wire up a simple relay to automatically turn it off every time you start the car.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I might be wrong (It has happened once or twice before)... but I think I remember someone did it with the Traction Control button on a Mazda6S....

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
cobb and unichip must be able to disengage this by default while they're doing their reflashes.

as much as I hate pressing it/forgetting to press it, i'd rather wait/hope for a undetectable mod

·
Registered
721 Posts
It's just momentary switch that just pulses ground when you press it. You should be able to wire up a simple relay to automatically turn it off every time you start the car.
[/b]
so i would need to use a momentary relay? what would trigger the relay, ignition ON, or start ON?

·
Registered
366 Posts
[/b]
Driving with DSC off is a BAD idea... I turned my car sideways!

Almost like the nascar finish, smoke tires and all.

Have to admit it was fun, but couldnt believe the car actually had capabilities like this from a standstill.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Driving with DSC off is a BAD idea... I turned my car sideways!

Almost like the nascar finish, smoke tires and all.
Have to admit it was fun, but couldnt believe the car actually had capabilities like this from a standstill.
[/b]
not unless you know how to drive.......

it may had been fun, but it wouldn't have been fun if you wrapped it around a tree.

dsc is like that warning label. when you turn it off, the responsibility is now in your hands.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
if u drive like an idiot, the responsibilitiy is always in ur hands? how else do the other 200,000,000 cars on the road cope w/ no DSC.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts