Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have the DSC and the TCS included, what can I do with it? ;)

the TCS still allows the wheels to spin loosing traction, atleast 1-2 revolutions on a wet surface.

DSC: speed up, turn the wheel, lift the handbreak. DSC says not a single word, I just spin around. So why do I need it, if it does not prevent my from spining? :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic 'DSC and TCS'

DSC won't compensate for poor driving; no safety system will. What it will do, however, is to help keep your car straight and level if the car should slip around a turn, on snow, or on a wet road.

I don't know the specifics of DSC on the Mazda, maybe someone can help me out here. Different DSC systems technically work in different ways.

Usually, you have to be on the gas for these systems to activate. Next time there is a nice, wet day, go into a parking lot. Whizz the car around without the DSC on. You'll eventually get it to slip. Then turn the DSC on. Repeat. You should feel a difference. You may hear a creaking from the wheels as the ABS kick in. The engine may reduce it's power. That's all normal, the car is trying to do whatever it can to keep you going in the direction you want to go.

Remember, DSC and TCS require you to be on the gas. If you slip, don't let off the throttle. Look where you want the car to go (people have a habit of going where they are looking). Gently apply power and point the car where you want it to go. The DSC should take care of the rest.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

The only way TCS knows that you are spinning and not just increasing speed is if the two front wheels wish to pull differently due to differences in the surface you're driving on. If not, it can spin plenty.

DSC is based on the ABS, with additional sensors and it uses the brakes to correct faulty manouvers. However: if there is no grip at all (if you turn the wheel in such a way the car just has to loose traction) brakes can't do anything about that.

Both these systems are helping hands, not systems that allow you to drive insanely...:sarc :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Come on! :)

People are flying to space these days with automatic systems, and now - poor me cannot relay on the M6 automatics to prevent me from silly driving :D

But is the problem in technology? we have marvelous sensors all around the car, why they cannot report the situation to the CPU and it would make predictions calculating 10K scenarios at a second and make me not to worry about the accedental handbreak lifting :D And principal physics is the same for mazda and for the honda, so why not make a standart solution for the sake of everyone's safety? :)

Ok. I understand that everything is not that simple, but I just expect my M6 will fly one day :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

If you believe you can drive it anyway you wish, sure it will fly!

And so will you...to the sky!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts