Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to try to make this as short as possible. So my Mazda was driven up a curb and up a small palm tree (roughly 2-2.5ft high) and it obliterated my front passenger side. Other than having to replace my bumper, I had broken wheel studs (4 of 5). I've since replaced all 5 wheel studs but the DSC and ESC lights are still on, and it sorta feels as if my car is dragging the tire? What I noticed so far is that everything is still there, (upper and both lower control arms, wishbone suspension strut connector or whatever it's called, sway bar and sway bar links, etc.) But one thing I noticed is that the one of the bushings is a but torn up and will be replacing that control arm soon. Is there anything else that could be causing the dashboard lights to be on? What could be causing my tire to drag and it seems as if it's not spinning at times. One thing I did see that was a bit strange was that my strut and spring are covered in oil. Could it be a broken bearing? I did notice my upper control arm is bent upwards and is a bit loose. I will be replacing that as well. I will be editing this post with a few pictures that I took so you guys can let me know if maybe there is something missing, considering I'm not an expert in auto repair. Thanks you all for your time and I hope you guys can help me solve this problem. I will be taking my car to a mechanic in the morning to get it looked over. One last thing I will add is that while I was at AutoZone getting a check engine light looked over (oxygen sensor) I did get the following results regarding the DSC and ESC light:
Power Train System: U0100 "Lost Comm. With ECM/PCM 'A'" secondary DTC.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
What is ESC? I know that DSC has something to do for steering or braking or maneuvering, or whatever it is controlling to keep the car stable.

Sorry to hear about that incident, glad you made it in one piece.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
What is ESC? I know that DSC has something to do for steering or braking or maneuvering, or whatever it is controlling to keep the car stable.

Sorry to hear about that incident, glad you made it in one piece.
Stab control.

OP, you didnt mention if the ABS wire to the wheel is ok or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts