Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is WOW. :drive:

My Speed6 was one of few in the lot. Ony red one while I was there. The "Reserved for Mazda" parking was a nice touch.

While waiting in the long line for the Speed6 track, it literally began to pour as heavy as it ever pours in Massachusetts. But the organizers said they would continue running because of the AWD capability of the car.

That was B.S. because after one person made a run thru the course and went of course, they halted runs. I guess the AWD is only as good as the driver. :laugh:

When they finally started back up, I took my turn on the very wet track. I had a terrible time of 48 seconds. best time of the day was 40. Although I didn't push it hard, I was really impressed with the handling on the wet track. That was literally the first time I have felt the rear wheels fully engage, and I dive my car every day. I just don't have anywhere to drive it like that. Also the clutch on the car was very new and felt akward. The car only had 250 miles on it! My car has 8,500.

I didn't take out any cones and I could have pushed it harder but I lacked confidence. The announcer there said it was almost impossible to spin the car, and I agree to an extent. Fortunately for me, I got to hop in my own Speed6 and enjoy the 45 minute ride home. But driving this car on the highway doesn;t compare to driving it on a course. :p

But everyone there was raving about the car. Everyone loved it. There were a ton, and I mean a on, of Subaru guys there. One guy wearing a Subaru WRX outfit posted the best time of the day in the Speed6. I guess he's used to AWD...

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
We were there! Along with skills and sick6 :p This was a real disorganized event on the boards in getting together. Should have been a meet organized to do this event. Oh well. I drove the speed too. Don't you love the smell of clutch? LOL

Did you not see a yellow parked next to a blue 6?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Awesome.. I went to that last year when they had the instructor led rx-8 "school" that was pretty fun but the best thing last year was the mx5's which suprisingly were'nt slow.

I'm suprised you did'nt go balls out with it, I mean if I had a chance to do the things I really wanted to do with my car, with another speed6, i'd go 110% on that thing.

Anyway glad you had fun and good to see mazda out promoting our cars :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had more fun this year–even in the rain. I was so glad they opened the road course–controlled skids are so much fun around those back corners. I had a 42.5 for the Mazdaspeed6 challenge and won the best time of the hour 11-12 (raining, very slick), I got to jump to the front of the line for my next run later in the day. But I got a worse time (43.5) which I could only attribute to the amount of rubber on the track and NOT on the tires. :sarc:

My friends and I had alot of fun on the matched time course. 5 of us piled in a Mazda 5 and used stopwatches.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I was at the Englishtown NJ event yesterday in the Rain....was that where you guys were? I ran a low 46. something my very first time ever on a road course. Not too shabby. The 2nd time i did the mazdaspeed challenge the "Crew" screwed me over- first the car i drove was in BAD shape. I couldnt get the car in 2nd, then i had to wait for some dope to finish the track so i wouldnt scre up the clocks...PER THE CREW if that were the case, they'd let you re-run the course....Nope, they denied my claim-lol Still ran a 48.xxx even with all that nonesense..

·
Registered
21 Posts
im not sure but i think i saw those guys pile into the mazda 5 and they kept switchin drivers?
[/b]
It was the best way to enjoy the tracks without getting in line 5 times. We all drove that minivan like we… (well, you know the rest)

We also did the road course with 3 of us in the RX-8, since it was the last thing we did, we weren't concerned about getting clipped so we got a little sideways.

·
Registered
956 Posts
It was the best way to enjoy the tracks without getting in line 5 times. We all drove that minivan like we… (well, you know the rest)

We also did the road course with 3 of us in the RX-8, since it was the last thing we did, we weren't concerned about getting clipped so we got a little sideways.
[/b]

LOL..i think i drove evrything else except the minivan, even the hatchback 6.. And I Took off in the sports course in the rx-8 which was shorter than it looked, using the paddle shifters on the automatic..

question.. in my pics i just remembered that buttons were missing in some of the cars, did mazda do that?, or did someone who needed an extra take them out...lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
LOL..i think i drove evrything else except the minivan, even the hatchback 6.. And I Took off in the sports course in the rx-8 which was shorter than it looked, using the paddle shifters on the automatic..

question.. in my pics i just remembered that buttons were missing in some of the cars, did mazda do that?, or did someone who needed an extra take them out...lol
[/b]

Buttons? like the traction control switches, etc. to the lower left of the steering wheel? I think those were just base models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts