Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I got to test drive a 6 speed Accord coupe. The dealership only has one in stock and the sales manager said they are only expecting one more this whole model year. Thats right, one of the largest volume dealers in the DFW area, and they are only getting two. I guess this means the small dealers wont be getting any at all, which is a shame because this is one hot ass car.

I honestly didnt think I was going to like it. But, whats not to like about a good looking $26k coupe with a snarling V6 that can keep up with the 287 hp 350z (according to M/T). I didnt really get a chance to drive it hard obviously, but you can tell by just part-throttling through the gears that it will pull hard when asked to.

It doesnt handle as well as the 6 does, in my opinion. It feels heavy and sloppy in turns, which you wouldnt expect since it has such a stiff ride. M/T said in their review that it needs a sports suspension and thats partly true; its stiff enough, but something needs to be done to lessen that body roll and that sloppy turn in.

I love just about everything about the interior: The self-illuminating gauges, the stereo/climate control display, the sporty black leather seats, the shifter, carbon-fiber trim, the in-key remote features, etc. The stereo is upgraded to 180 watts and it sounds pretty good, probably one of the best stock Honda systems Ive heard. I wish Mazda had added the auto up and key operated window feature like they get on the Accord :(

All in all, its a really nice car at a decent price. Its stickers the same as the automatic V6 EX coupe; $26,3 with no accessories. Not too shabby considering what you get. Too bad its going to be next to impossible to get one this year though :sarc

·
Registered
980 Posts
Reading Topic: Drove the 6 speed Accord V6

Is that price Canadian dollars or American. Sorry, I couldnt figure out where DFW is.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Drove the 6 speed Accord V6'

Originally posted by chindo

Is that price Canadian dollars or American.  Sorry, I couldnt figure out where DFW is.[/b]
d/fw is dallas ft worth...texas...so it's dollars

1 - 4 of 4 Posts