Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I detailed an 2005 Inifiniti G35 sedan with the 6 speed manual transmission on Saturday and I got to drive the car about 100 miles as part of the deal. The car had 14K miles on it.

I noticed a few things compared to my 05 6S 5 speed that I wanted to share:
1. The G35 has major muscle as the tach sweeps beyond the 4K mark. Off the bottom it was softer than I had expected with the extra half liter of displacement from my car. Roll-on preformance in 6th on the highway from 70-100 was impressive to say the least.
2. The clutch on the G35 felt terrible. It felt like the cable was moving through a gravel pit when you pressed the pedal and it was much worse when the car was cold. I can't imagine what this clutch is like during the cold winters here in MA.
3. The seat backs were very nice but the seat bottoms had no lateral support whatsoever. I expected much more from Inifiniti in terms of seat comfort and support.
4. The steering was nice & weighted with tight responses from the 18" wheels that came on the car.

Overall I was a little let down by the car. I expected a super smooth rocket ship of a car and it just didn't end up being that way. Driving the car for a mix of highway and country roads allowed me to get a good feel for it and now I appreciate my 6S alot more than I did before I drove the G35.

·
Registered
86 Posts
When you add nismo cams to the VQ35, the power really kicks in at about 2k rpms, and get a good tune = you are set to go. I haven't got cams in the Z yet, but I will by the summer. Mine starts to kick in at about 3.5k rpms because of the tune/other mods I've got.

·
Registered
375 Posts
i have driven a few g35's and i think the drivetrain in the is completly without a doubt lightyears ahead of the ms6

i hate the infiniti interiours the seats suck the dash sucks the doors are ugly... i was very let down by the inside of the infiniti but damn that car was sooo sooo sooo much better of a drive than the ms6

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
You really think its that much better of a drive than the Speed6? A close friend of mine has had one for years so i've gotten the opportunity to drive it a few times and the interior is nice minus the weird steering wheels they use, the car has a nice feel to it, but I dont think it has that sporty of a feel, when in comparison with the Speed6. For the price, the Speed6 is also a better buy, being that most everything on the speed6 can be had for about 28k whereas in the G35, you have packages on top of the cars 33k base price which will give you all of the luxury amenities/additions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts