Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Ontario Canada and my Mazda 6 GT has standard HID low beams and halogen DRLs that also work for high beams. My Daytime Running Lights have suddenly stopped working and I no longer have a DRL green light symbol on my instrument panel. I have replaced both DRL bulbs with factory H9 halogens and this has not solved the problem. I have had a friend use a scan tool on my car and he as far as he could tell all computer systems appeared to be functioning normally. Can anyone help me please? I hate to have to take my car into the dealer as they will probably want to start replacing computer parts and as I said the scan indicated that all computer components were functioning correctly. Any ideas???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting that you mention that because I recently had a new pioneer flagship stereo installed by a reputable car radio place near where I live. There had been an error message on the radio screen that read something to the effect that there was an error in the electronic parking brake connection lead. I have since returned to the installer and had them fix that issue by running a wire from the stereo directly to the parking brake and that error message no longer appears. Unfortunately that did not solve the DRL’s issue. They ran a computer scan and said that all computers and operating functions appeared to be working correctly. But still no DRL’s.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Scanning with an OBDII tool wont dig into why something doesnt work like the Dealers scan tool can. Take it to the dealer, tell them the WHOLE story, ask them if this install could cause the issue, if they say yes, pay the fee to have them scan and prove it or fix it, and then go back to the "installer" and make them reimburse you.

Wait, did you check the fuses first???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I think that I may just bite the bullet and see what the dealer has to say on this one. And yes I did check the DRL fuse first thing and it checked out ok.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem solved. It ended up being a bad H9 socket on the passenger side. Unfortunately this side wasn’t checked initially because the ground was running underneath the drivers side and it was easier to access. So I ended up replacing the auto light module with one from a Canadian wreck first. When that didn’t solve the problem the auto electrical guy sourced the difficulty to the passenger side H9 socket So I am only out $100 and I have a spare module. This module only operates the lights (auto) and wipers (rain sensing) - nothing else so don’t believe all the bs that the dealers want to tell you. There was no programming involved and this module came from a wreck and was a simple plug and play application.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts