Mazda 6 Forums banner

Driving Meet Sunday 6/25

3K views 51 replies 13 participants last post by  PTinVT 
#1 ·
Ok, Ive been talking to a few of the northern NE guys about maybe taking a Sunday ride up to the LongTrail Brewery in Vermont. Its about 95 miles from Manchester,NH ( where I live). Its more of a drive then a meet. Sunday 6/25 wroks the best for me as my girlfriend can usually get sundays off. Anyone thats interested chime in.

Heres a link with some directions and travel times
http://www.longtrail.com/directions.cfm

#2 ·
My only question is is this a Sunday drive or a race?? As much as I like to screw around, if the average speed is going to be 90+ I'll skip it. I don't mind driving in a group, but that tends to slowly speed up until your bobbing and weaving in traffic (hopkintin anyone??). I'll go, as long as my licence is safe. Believe me, I do enough stupid crap w/o the influence of anyone!

#3 ·
Its gonna be a group ride, not a race. Im sure there will be some spirited driving, but that will be some twisties in Vermont. Nothing too fast. We all want to keep our licenses.

#4 ·
A bit far for me looks like well over 2 hours for me to get there...Damn!!

#5 ·
ya, the 25th looks good for me so far, but I'll know better as it get's closer. I think the lady said she would be down.

Should be a nice pleasant drive up 89. RT 4 definately has some solid twisties. I take that way all the time when going to my buddies ski lodge in Killington. But it's usually in the snow, so this should be fun.

#6 ·
Not sure if that works for me. My lady friend might be having a half-birthday party on that day. (Her birthday is on X-mas so she never gets to actually celebrate it.) Also, my birthday is the next day, 26th. (Hooray for me.) I'll have to check with her whether that party is on Saturday or Sunday.

#9 ·
Carefully? :) j/k

I plan on trying some samples and purchasing a few 6packs to take home, thats about it. No D.W.I.s for me.

#10 ·
I thought the game was last one with a DUI wins?? I was gonna cheat and hide a midget in my trunk.

#12 ·
Too bad you guys wouldn't want to have a small meet in northern VT before or after the brewery... I would be down for that... maybe sunday afternoon... just a thought...

#14 ·
Yeah, no party. We are just going out on Saturday night. So yeah, I think we're both in!

#15 ·
Awesome Adam. I should be getting my new clutch installed the beginning of that week. So Ill have to baby it while driving there but at least it'll be a nice way to put on the 500 miles it needs.

#17 ·
Ok, so anyone thats going to this, Im figuring we could meet up at the liquor store rest area after the tolls on 93 NB. Good location? Not too early either. Maybe like 11 or 1130?

#18 ·
Ok, so anyone thats going to this, Im figuring we could meet up at the liquor store rest area after the tolls on 93 NB. Good location? Not too early either. Maybe like 11 or 1130?
[/b]
Sounds good to me.

#19 ·
Probably works for me as well. I'm coming from Portsmouth, so whats the best way to 93? 101 West?

Who else is going? We haven't gotten a final tally. Jay, is your girl coming?

#20 ·
Adam, 101 west is the best way Id say. I live like 1 minutes off the 101 west/93 split.

My girlfriend is coming, she took the day off work to come. :)

#22 ·
I'm pretty sure I'm in. The lady didn't sound like she was 100% sold on the idea, but we'll see.

I wouldn't mind rollin solo and blastin some solid driving tunes anyway.

#25 ·
Alison's comming, so put us down for two.

11-11:30 @ the NH Liquor store sounds good.

See you dudes there.

EDIT: :wtf: The weather aint lookin too good.

#26 ·
No, it isn't. Frankly, I'm wondering to myself whether its worth it to go up there on a shitty day. Part of the fun is nice sunny day, beers and food, sitting out on their sun deck...

Lets get some input here, who still really wants to go?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.