Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What started out as a minor annoyance is getting worse. My driver's seat slides from side to side. At first it was barely noticable but now I can feel it going around any turn. Is there a quick fix? Can I tighten up on the brackets without removing the seat?

·
Registered
978 Posts
man that's not good at all...if you were to get in a wreck, the chances of the seat coming off thus throwing you around in the car is quite a bit higher. One other member sent me some pics of her seat coming off in an accident...pretty scary stuff. If I were you, that would be a dealer visit for sure considering liability and all that.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, that doesn't look good. Well thanks for the warning. My seat could only be moving a fraction of an inch, but if it keeps getting worse I will contact the dealer. Thanks for the pic. I am saving that one for sure!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Smilin, I will see if I can make a few adjustments and see if it goes away. But at the same time I am a little hesitant to not have it looked at in case I have a broken rail or something. I don't want to fly through a windshield or something when my seat comes apart.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Thanks Smilin, I will see if I can make a few adjustments and see if it goes away. But at the same time I am a little hesitant to not have it looked at in case I have a broken rail or something. I don't want to fly through a windshield or something when my seat comes apart.
[/b]

I know what you mean... I should probably get mine looked at too. A friend of mine has had his seat fixed. Trouble is mine is just starting and isn't to noticable yet. Not sure if the dealership would believe me on this issue yet.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know what you mean... I should probably get mine looked at too. A friend of mine has had his seat fixed. Trouble is mine is just starting and isn't to noticable yet. Not sure if the dealership would believe me on this issue yet.
[/b]
I have the 2 threads bookmarked and I am going to print them out before heading to the dealer. Just in case they give me the whole "well we could not reproduce the problem" line.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i came out the other day and my seat was jacked straight up, seat back fully reclined, and at such an odd tilt, I could barely get my knees under the wheel (and im not THAT tall...) i hadn't messed with the controls in days and no one else drives my car.

then again, i get drunk and forget these things.

but maybe my drivers seat is possessed? :hide:

·
Registered
680 Posts
There is something loose on my driver seat as well. When I lean back or forward, the seat wobbles. It feels like it's not secured to a bracket somewhere, but I couldn't determine the source of the problem when I looked at it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've mentioned this to my dealer on two occasions, and they continue to tell me this is normal. They said they pulled an 05 off the lot and it did the same thing. I only notice it on rare occasions though.... such as hard right hand turns when the weight of the car really shifts.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I commented in both those other threads and I'll do it again. My seat rocks, no if's and's or but's about it. I feel it every single time I make a turn. I must have it actually documented about 3 times on service requests and then there are at least 2-3 other times when I asked them to check it out and it wasn't documented. They still say they can't reproduce the problem.

I am out of the warranty period now and I feel like going in and asking them to check it under my extended warranty. If they find something now, I'll tell them they can fix it as if it was under my standard warranty because it's been documented so many times. Hell, I'm about to go out there and start pulling on the seat so that they can't deny something is wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
first mazda
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing