Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first real problem for my car...........

Last Thursday afternoon I was leaving my work, I have to use the Drivers Window switch to access and leave my building by swiping with a security card.....

Anyway went to put the window down.........and nothing !!

So I thought, OK maybe a blown fuse or possibly some lose wiring, but thought best to take back to the Dealership on Friday.....So dropped it off with them in the morning....Its all under warranty anyhow.

So got a phone call on Friday afternoon................."The Electric window motor has blown, and was probably a faulty one installed in the car, when it was made"

So obviously, it needs a new part, and won't be installed until Next Friday 20th December, so for this week I have to live without being able to have the Drivers Window go up and down..............Australian weather is very warm at the moment, thank God for Climate Control Air-Conditioning !!

So lets see how I go this Friday !!!!!
They are also supposed to be installing the Sports Grill as well, which had to be painted to the Sparkling Silver Colour.

Car has now done over 4000 klms so nearly halfway to 10,000 klm service........
Lets hope that there are no other Problems ............:sarc :sarc :sarc

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Drivers Electric Window Motor..'

That's sad!

This is the second car in here that has a power window die. Was it CHY or XTERM who had the left rear one die? Can't remember. But it was one of the Singaporians, tho.

Hope you get it fixed.

I have a heating problem and I feel I have to get it fixed. When I start the car when it's deep freezing outside and drive off, it takes very long time until I have a comfortable heat all around in the car. And it feels like it's blowing extremely cold are around my legs. Or it's some kind of draught, I dunno.

If I just could have some of your hot air from down there, I could send you some of my cold air...then you don't need that power window after all...:D

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks for the nice comments Steve !

I hope everything is Ok with your car as well,

Best not to prolong any problems and try to get the car back to the Dealership as soon as possible.....

Lets hope a pattern is not developing with the Window problems, thanks for pointing out it has happened to someone else.

Could be the first quality issue with the 6 .......:sarc

·
Registered
231 Posts

Ouch! I hope this is an isolated problem. I'm getting serious about buying one soon.

·
Registered
60 Posts

So do I! I pick my Classic Hatch up in a week. No going back now. Oh well - hopefully an isolated case.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Maybe this is an issue to the 6, but there isn't any car out there without an issue, is? :sarc
Anyway, if this is the biggest problem to the car, i don't regret my choice! :D

PS: OK, the real problem is, that you must drive...and drive...and drive...and just can't stop driving... :D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

It would be cool if there was a backup mechanism - maybe a hidden crank or something for situations such as this.

Hey, I'm in the computer field. It's not my fault I think like that.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Update On this Topic !!

I just called my Dealership to confirm whether it the Electric Window Motor can be installed Tomorrow.......

Well I have just found out that it isn't even in the Country !!!!!!

It is still in Japan, and could take up to two weeks or more to arrive in Australia and be placed in my car.......

I told my Dealer, I wasn't very happy about this...:( :( :(

I also am not happy, that the Dealer/Service dept didn't notify me about this........

The only way I found out was by contacting them to confirm it was OK to be installed tomorrow........:sarc If I didn't ring up to confirm, I would have turned up at the Dealer Friday Morning expecting the part to be replaced & they wouldn't have it....

I would have literally exploded , in Front Of Them !!!!!!

I have placed an Official Complaint to Mazda Australia, and waiting for some kind of response.............

Will keep you updated !!!

·
Registered
63 Posts

AS mazda is now having a more expensive looking '6' and later the Rx-8 and the '3' to raise their profile, I think the dealership of mazda now should be given to other dealers who have been selling higher profile cars, such as Rick Damilian, which I think they could have provided better service.

btw, the attachment that hold the driver-seat's floor mat of my mazda6 is broken, they said they can't fix it unless I pay another $130 to replace it. Am I suppose to get it fixed or replaced without charge?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I have faxed an Official written complaint to Mazda HQ in Victoria.......

They had better respond to me Today, Otherwise calling Consumer Affairs is definitely the Next Step !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts

Yes there is no excuse for selling a car and having no replacement parts available. That is part of their responsibility when offering a warranty.

·
Registered
231 Posts

If you could pretend you are disabled or of a minority I'm sure that Current Affair would take up your sad story.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

If you could pretend you are disabled or of a minority I'm sure that Current Affair would take up your sad story.[/b]
LOL !!!!

No offense to Sensitive PPL !!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Rodney, I feel for you!!!

Thank God it wasn't the alternator or something that broke down, since your importer obviously is a crappy one. It's not your dealers fault, although they definitely should have contacted you. People are too lazy these days...

Will be interesting to see the respons from Mazda HQ. I doubt it you will get any...:sarc

·
Registered
231 Posts

Yes I would be contacting Mazda first then consumer affairs if I was you Shoomer.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Just remembered:
When I finally received my dreamcar (July 4); dealer told me -
just try to avoid accidents, because there gonna be problems and
long waiting times for spare parts. So most of them knew that a long
time ago for sure.
Maybe I should order driver's side window motor right now? I use it at least
twice a day (driving in and out from parking lot) and I feel that the motor
is working heavy due to mixture of ice and dirt.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts