Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day guys and gals,

I'm not sure about anyone else here but I'm getting very sick of the alarm beeper that sound when the drivers door is open and the key is in the ignition slot. The only way to stop it is to turn the key to full ignition. I often want my door open and listen to the radio when outside the car without having ignition on, just accesories. I know it's meant to stop keys getting locked in cars etc but I'd rather have the choice.

Does anyone know if this alarm can be turned off or disconnected? The alarm beep sounds different to the "you've left your lights on idiot" alarm so they might be separate circuits?

Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Drivers door open alarm'

The only way I can think of doing it is to disconnect the wire that engages the door beep. Its inside the door jam, you have to use a torx screwdriver to get it out. Then Just disconnect the harness that is hooked to the switch. The only drawback to that is that your domelight won't come on anymore when you open the door.

·
Registered
167 Posts

i can't be possitive since i don't have the car yet, but can't you just stick a piece of tape over the switch in the door jam

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Drivers door open alarm

But that would probably make the lights in the car not to light up when door is opened ect.

·
Registered
93 Posts

First, take off the shroud around your steering column. Behind the ignition switch there is a two wire harness. Cut the "white W/ blue tracer" wire. Problem Solved...That is the key in sense wire.:D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird

But then maybe he will loose his tick-tack turn signal ... ticktacking...[/b]
The tick-tacking is a relay... :sarc

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by zoucha69

First, take off the shroud around your steering column. Behind the ignition switch there is a two wire harness. Cut the "white W/ blue tracer" wire. Problem Solved...That is the key in sense wire.:D[/b]
Cutting the other wires also kills the sound...maybe just a tad more permanent... :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Drivers door open alarm

Form what I heard turn indicators on modern cars are completly "digital" and the "relay" sound is just a fake one coming from some speaker.

·
Registered
93 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

First, take off the shroud around your steering column. Behind the ignition switch there is a two wire harness. Cut the "white W/ blue tracer" wire. Problem Solved...That is the key in sense wire.:D[/b]
Cutting the other wires also kills the sound...maybe just a tad more permanent... :)[/b][/quote]

Isn't That what he wants to do. Cut the sound? I must have misunderstood the question, I thought he wanted to leave his door open with the alarm off. It works for me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Cutting the other wires also kills the sound...maybe just a tad more permanent... :)[/b][/quote]

Isn't That what he wants to do. Cut the sound? I must have misunderstood the question, I thought he wanted to leave his door open with the alarm off. It works for me.[/b][/quote]

Hi zoucha,

You've understood correctly. I want to cut the sound. If you are right about the 'key in' sensor wire than that's the one I'd like to disconnect. I don't want to touch the door sensor 'cause I still want that car to know when the door is open for interior light, safety etc. Sound like there are two ways:

1. cut the 'key in' sensor wire or,
2. cut the wire that goes to the beeper speaker like steve suggested.

I'll have look behind the steering column and see which is easier. Thanks for all suggestions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts