Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow 6ers. I have came across an issue. I looked and looked and cant find anyone with my issue. I had to replace my driver side CV axle I took old one off and now I cant put new one in i have tried and tried. With no luck. I dont want to put to much pressure afraid of bending the teeth. Any suggestion fyi I did make sure old one and new one look exact the same. That's the new one trying to go in I cant go no further then that just dont no why..

Attachments

·
Rally Racer
1,868 Posts
Hello my fellow 6ers. I have came across an issue. I looked and looked and cant find anyone with my issue. I had to replace my driver side CV axle I took old one off and now I cant put new one in i have tried and tried. With no luck. I dont want to put to much pressure afraid of bending the teeth. Any suggestion fyi I did make sure old one and new one look exact the same. That's the new one trying to go in I cant go no further then that just dont no why..
If the splines are matching (same number) then the C-ring may be bent. It should just push in with a shove.
I take mine off and wrap them around a socket that is nearly the same size as the groove the ring sits in. I then tap it round again with a hammer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts