Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
2014 Mazda 6 GT
Every time I unlock/open the drivers door my seat goes back and reclines way back.
I have programmed the seat with my key fob several times, following these directions.

1- Turn the ignition switch off.
2- Adjust seat to desired position using the slide/tilt and recline switches.
3- Push and hold the memory seat SET button until a beep is heard.
4- Within 5 seconds:
• To program a memory seat button, push and hold memory button 1 or 2 until a beep sound is heard.
• To program a key, push and hold the key unlock button until a beep sound is heard
The memory works, as once I push the memory button on the seat, it goes to the proper position.

Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Super Moderator
17,088 Posts
Hmm that's strange. My memory seat never moves on it's own. I also don't push and hold my buttons to set the seat's preferences. I push (and do not hold) the "Set" button for the first beep, then immediately press (and do not hold) the number and I get a longer beep indicating that it saved.

Dumb troubleshooting question: Have you tried saving the position where the seat moves itself to, then change it and save over it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can set the seat to go to a certain position upon unlocking the vehicle. You will want to reset BOTH memory settings and BOTH keys to ensure you are getting the adjustments the way you want.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Then you don't have memory seats. If you share a car, you'll have to reset each time you switch drivers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts