Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's time for the Tarheel Sports Car Club's 8th Annual Jimmy V Foundation for Cancer Research Autocross - July 21 & 22 in Fayetteville, NC. As a club member and supporter I’m offering the CanyonRider Mazda6 track car for you to drive. I’ll provide fuel, tires, brake pads, helmet, harnesses and instruction (if needed). You provide transportation to & from the event, your meals and lodging (if required). All proceeds going to the V Foundation.

Post your bids here in this thread - pay at the event (I handle no money). Minimum bid is $35 which covers the entry fee – but hoping for a bit more for the V Foundation. It is a two day event, but I only have an opening for a co-driver on Sunday.

To aid the cause, they’ll be doing the traditional raffle for great prizes donated by club sponsors with all types of fun automotive related goodies.

There is an official THSCC hotel with an outdoor pool that's 2.7 miles right down the road from the coliseum.
Holiday Inn Fayetteville-Bordeaux
1707 Owen Drive
Fayetteville, NC
(910) 323-0111
http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/ ... oteldetail

The event is listed on the V Foundation website:
http://www.jimmyv.org/event-categories/ ... ty-events/

The event also has a Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/378501498881009/

Drive a track prepared Mazda6 for a good cause! You’ve followed the build – now drive it! This forum is the only place I am offering this opportunity - aimed at fellow Mazda6 enthusiasts. Valid driver’s license is required but no Autocross experience necessary. Show up and drive! Post up your bids! Bids close at noon EST on Friday 7/20/12 to allow time to arrange logistics.

The links above should provide all the event info, but post question if you have them! It is a rain or shine event.

CR

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Over 900 views and no love for Jimmy V!? No one wants to thrash my car through the cones? I promise to shower and use deodorant . . .

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Didn't even see this thread to be honest. I'd love to but that's too far of a drive for me, I just don't have the time.

Free bump though ;)

Great cause btw - thanks for offering this.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ya'll missed a very good time. The Mazda6 was a blast. :)

Not much weight on that right rear tire. :)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the course layout - pretty good use of a big parking lot.

111 cars, 5 runs each ranging from 36sec to 56sec - median was about 40sec.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since I didn't have a co-driver on Sunday, I was able to offer rides to a few folks. I always get a kick out of their reaction after we cross the finish. Notice how much I turn the wheel to the right during the first LH sweeper. Not the fastest run, but entertaining. :p

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
^^ So jealous. That looked like a blast.

The passenger loved that you almost hit the outside cones haha.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This pic was snapped just a tad too late to catch the backend sliding and the front wheels spinning hard. :p

We even got the local Po-Po to run with us for a good cause. :)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I've been playing with my RaceRender software and telemetry data - hoping to produce some decent video from VIR next month. I know you are dying to see the 6 pass some cars. :p

Here is the same video I posted above, except higher video quality, better arrangement of data display and the addition of a lateral -g-force meter. For VIR, I think I can also add a lap counter and lap timer - that'll be cool. :D Wadaya think?

You can see how dirty my windshield is now. :)

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
^^ Very Cool. My problem is at times I find myself more interested in the G-Force meter than you driving because I'm a science/physics nerd :p

Oh and Clean your car! :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
this is so cool and for charity even better thumbs up !

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's time for the Tarheel Sports Car Club's 10th Annual Jimmy V Foundation for Cancer Research Autocross - Sept 13 & 14 in Danville, VA. As a club member and supporter I’m offering the CanyonRider Mazda6 track car for you to drive. I’ll provide fuel, tires, brake pads, helmet, harnesses and instruction (if needed). You provide transportation to & from the event, your meals and lodging (if required). All proceeds going to the V Foundation.

Post your bids here in this thread - pay at the event (I handle no money). Minimum bid is $50 which covers your one-day entry fee – but hoping for a bit more for the V Foundation. It is a two day event, but I only have an opening for a co-driver one day - you pick the day.

To aid the cause, they’ll be doing the traditional raffle for great prizes donated by club sponsors with all types of fun automotive related goodies.

The event info is found here:

THSCC/TSCC "Jimmy" Charity AutoX 2014 info on Sep 13, 2014 (974662) | MotorsportReg.com

Drive a track prepared Mazda6 for a good cause! You’ve followed the build – now drive it! This forum is the only place I am offering this opportunity - aimed at fellow Mazda6 enthusiasts. Valid driver’s license is required but no Autocross experience necessary. Show up and drive! Post up your bids! Bids close at noon EST on Monday 9/8/14 to allow time to arrange logistics.

The links above should provide all the event info, but post question if you have them! It is a rain or shine event.

CR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
3 Participants
CanyonRider
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing