Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
I just put on my MS intake today and it sounds like a loud sneeze like that too.

Sure is loud far away.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thats sound good, but I wish you had a vid from next to the shift point instead of rpm drop! Try getting one from the other street corner or shift next to the camera! I want to here the BOV closer. Do you have an exhaust yet? It doesn't sound like it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I just put on my MS intake today and it sounds like a loud sneeze like that too.

Sure is loud far away.
[/b]
Haha! It really does sound like's it sneezing!

I like it though. I thought it would have been much louder with the DP installed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Vrmmmmmm ahh chooo...Vrmmmmmmmm ahh choo

Sounds nice.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Yea the DP does nto sound loud at all that pretty much sounds just like mine. I thought people said the DP is really really loud doe snot seem like it all did not even notice. But yea the sound is mad sexy though I like. My friends brother got in my car last night cause i had to pikc his drunk ass up from the bar and when we were driving on the highway he was like wtf is that noise? That is lemon law you should go back to the dealership and get your money back. He is only used to hearing the AEM ones around not the vacuum sound just thought it was hilarious last night. :drive:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yea the DP does nto sound loud at all that pretty much sounds just like mine. I thought people said the DP is really really loud doe snot seem like it all did not even notice.[/b]
The loudness of the DP really depends on the exhaust system, and also whether or not it has cats. Mine is catless, and in combination with the Magnaflows, was pretty loud. With the cutout, it is absolutely blaring.

·
Registered
98 Posts
A friend of mine told me that he cannot recognize any other car with such a distinct exhaust note as compared to a MS6 with a catless downpipe and the stock catback. It really has a nice low frequency rumble to it but it is so mild and liveable from inside the car. Intake is totally different, especially if Fujita, loud as hell under light throttle conditions, I hate driving with windows down due to the fujita's constant sucking sounds.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does anyone have any Intake clips so I can figure out which one I want to get with my X-Mas money Santa gave me? Fujita, Mazdaspeed intake....?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Is that true that with only DP replaced, ie. stock cat and stock cat back, it should sound no difference to stock DP?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
The loudness of the DP really depends on the exhaust system, and also whether or not it has cats. Mine is catless, and in combination with the Magnaflows, was pretty loud. With the cutout, it is absolutely blaring.
[/b]

Oh that was not cleared up for me. I thought that just the DP would make it louder. I dont mind at all having it louder in fact i actually want to give it more gruff sound. So I have to remove the stock cats for that? I think that is a huge ticket in jersey if i have that removed though..

·
Registered
982 Posts
I am pretty sure that if you have a straight-through cat-back (i.e. magnaflow/CP-E), the addition of a cat-less downpipe will be much more noticeable than if you were to add it to the stock cat-back. No cats on a straight-through exhaust will be very loud because there is no extra muffling that the cats provide.

On another note, do all intakes for the Speed6 create a lot of noise even under light acceleration? I don't want to have a really loud car all the time.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Under light acceleration, the noise is fairly light. It's most noticeable with more than half-throttle. As for which intake, they're all pretty much the same. Fujita is supposed to be the loudest, but the AEM has the most horses. Simple choice for me. And, no, your not going to find an intake that's so quiet to the point where you won't notice the change. If that's what you want, I recommend simply a better air filter.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Under light acceleration, the noise is fairly light. It's most noticeable with more than half-throttle. As for which intake, they're all pretty much the same. Fujita is supposed to be the loudest, but the AEM has the most horses. Simple choice for me. And, no, your not going to find an intake that's so quiet to the point where you won't notice the change. If that's what you want, I recommend simply a better air filter.
[/b]
i just installed fujita last night. good sound all though still not as loud as my saab. you def hear the bov. im happy with it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.