Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I was just wondering what was up with the Draxas headers...I've gone to their website, but it keep saying they're out of stock :swearin: , I keep sending them e-mails, and they don't respond. Are they still being manufactured? Where can I find them? If they're not making them anymore, who else makes headers?...thanks.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
BTW I got this email from Ricardo at F2.

I do have a header for the Mazda 6 and I intend to get a car in again and make it perfect! Not to worry about it I will get it done real soon. Let people know about it if you don't mind....thanks and take care.

Thanks!!
Ricardo Vega
F2 Focus Performance[/b]

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
he's focusing on their Volvo for SEMA at the moment, and he's been gettin gthe HiBoost treatment on one of their Focus' in prep to start selling the kit. i know he has the header, it was on my car for a couple months....just needs some tweaking. though knowing Ricardo, he'll ditch those and go to the stepped design of his that is working so well on the focus.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
BTW I got this email from Ricardo at F2.
[/b]

hey man, draxas wrote me back. bout 2 moonths after i wrote them, lol. but they said at this time there not producing any. hes trying to sell the business or somethin. he said if he could get 5 buyers then he would make some. so if we could get 5, and yes im in!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
...what does what you posted have to do with the quote....or am i missing something?

as far as Draxas, Nik the owner is also running Redline Track Events & Redline Time Attack. i've done quite a few events with him now, runs a great program. anyone who watches shows like Street Tuner Challenge and RedlineTV have most likely seen Nik or one of his guys at the track shots as they do what seems like a mojority of SpeeTV's track events.

i wouldn't bother with the Draxas headers though, as it's a task to get those things done for him right now, so it might take longer once things are commited. just go with the GTSpec option for ok gains or hold out for the likes of F2, Thunder and ...i forgot the other company.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...what does what you posted have to do with the quote....or am i missing something?
as far as Draxas, Nik the owner is also running Redline Track Events & Redline Time Attack. i've done quite a few events with him now, runs a great program. anyone who watches shows like Street Tuner Challenge and RedlineTV have most likely seen Nik or one of his guys at the track shots as they do what seems like a mojority of SpeeTV's track events.

i wouldn't bother with the Draxas headers though, as it's a task to get those things done for him right now, so it might take longer once things are commited. just go with the GTSpec option for ok gains or hold out for the likes of F2, Thunder and ...i forgot the other company.
[/b]
I know of only one place where I can get the GTSPEC headers....I searched for a while...and gave up...then stumbled upon it by chance, http://www.hopupracing.com/ma64clhe22fc.html...I don't like those odds...by the time I'm ready to order, who knows, they'll be out of stock or something....do you know of any other place that might sell the GTSPEC headers?...also...will a test pipe throw a check engine light (almost certainly right?) cause I also want to get the mid pipe replaced (as its a major choke point) but I've only found one by SRmotorsports..$440....a test pipe would be much cheaper and offer more gains....but it runs the dreaded risk of a CEL...one that the dealership will most likely screw me on...and with good reason...

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Kevin....can you help??

hit up CVR as they sell some of the other GT Spec parts....and i think they are both in NY? maybe??

there's always the commonly overlooked.....email GT Spec about it.

[email protected]

if you put a cat in you midpipe, then you should have no issues with a CEL. if you put in a race pipe (or "test pipe") then you don't have a chance. stay away from SR, just go to a performance exhaust shop.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kevin....can you help??

hit up CVR as they sell some of the other GT Spec parts....and i think they are both in NY? maybe??

there's always the commonly overlooked.....email GT Spec about it.

[email protected]

if you put a cat in you midpipe, then you should have no issues with a CEL. if you put in a race pipe (or "test pipe") then you don't have a chance. stay away from SR, just go to a performance exhaust shop.
[/b]
you mean go to a muffler shop, get some piping cut and have them weld a cat to it (sold seperately of course), would any cat work?....what's CVR's url?...and whats wrong with SR?...bad products?...thanks for your help Mr Tea, hear your the "go to guy" around here (seen your ride, its one impressive machine!)

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
don't know about impressive, but i've made more screw ups than most around, so i have much random input

as far as the mid pipe. muffler shop, buy a high flow cat, have em weld piping to it so it replaces the stock section. pretty much done. also need to pay for the bungs for the O2 sensor. depending on where you live will depend on how easy it is, as long as you are putting in a high flow, most won't care though.

SR is for lack of a better term, un confrimed as being a solid manufacturer for the 6. they list stuff, but nothing gets confirmed and most questions to them go unanswered

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
don't know about impressive, but i've made more screw ups than most around, so i have much random input

as far as the mid pipe. muffler shop, buy a high flow cat, have em weld piping to it so it replaces the stock section. pretty much done. also need to pay for the bungs for the O2 sensor. depending on where you live will depend on how easy it is, as long as you are putting in a high flow, most won't care though.

SR is for lack of a better term, un confrimed as being a solid manufacturer for the 6. they list stuff, but nothing gets confirmed and most questions to them go unanswered
[/b]
bungs for O2 sensor?...don't think I'm ignorant!...I know a good deal more than the average...but would that be like some little rubber or plastic spacer/adapter?....is that a universal part that I can get at the local muffler shop...or is it something that I'm gonna have to return to the dealership to purchase...and we all know how much they enjoy helping us mod our cars... :nono: ....where I live?...Florida...I can put a bumper sticker on my car that says "I hate the o-zone" and nobody would care, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
254 Posts
o2 bungs are little circular pieces of metal that the o2 sensors screw into, the muffler shop should definately have these

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
o2 bungs are little circular pieces of metal that the o2 sensors screw into, the muffler shop should definately have these
[/b]
thanks...so...the muffler shop should have everything I need then (even the cat?...doesn't matter, I look for that on my own...)...thanks to everyone for all their help!...notice that you (Redfire 6i) have a header-back cat-less system...how'd you manage that, didn't you get a CEL?...or can you live with that... :yesnod:

·
Registered
254 Posts
i got it from ssautochrome.com as a "prototype" or whatever you want to call it, ive asked, but they havent told me how much or when it will be available... and yes i have a CEL, but im getting a scangauge from the group buy to fix that! I'm going to email them again to see if i can find out whats up

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
i'd be down for F2 headers whenever i would have the chance to save money for that. dynos dynos dynos.
[/b]
is the f2 header out yet? can i have the website please? thx

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i got it from ssautochrome.com as a "prototype" or whatever you want to call it, ive asked, but they havent told me how much or when it will be available... and yes i have a CEL, but im getting a scangauge from the group buy to fix that! I'm going to email them again to see if i can find out whats up
[/b]
oh...is there a specific kind of cat I should use?...or can I use a universal one like a universal magnaflow model....

·
Registered
254 Posts
ive heard bad things about magnaflow cats, but i really dont know which one to tell you to get. im not getting one, ill just throw the stock cat back on when emmissions time comes around, i do know it has to be really small though to fit between the o2 sensors
heres a pic of my midpipe

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ive heard bad things about magnaflow cats, but i really dont know which one to tell you to get. im not getting one, ill just throw the stock cat back on when emmissions time comes around, i do know it has to be really small though to fit between the o2 sensors
heres a pic of my midpipe

[/b]
well...at least you've answered one of my questions...how many O2 sensor fitting do I need...but what bad things have you heard about magnaflow...they seemed like an obvious choice...

[/b]
Would you happen to know what kind of cat I should get?...I already know from somebody else that its a dual O2 sensor cat, but is it a 2 way?...3 way?...w/ air...w/o air?...and size fitments...1-3/4'', 2''?...also, I was considering going with a Magnaflow High Flow universal Cat, but somebody said they heard bad things about them...would you know wnything about that?...and if so, what brand would you recommend?...thanks for all your help.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts