Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what kind of gains you guys are seeing with your drop in filter. What kind of hp increase and is thier any increase in MPG?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Draxas drop in filter'

on the dyno we saw gains of 2-3hp at the wheels and as far as MPG, we havent received any feedback from those who purchased the filters yet. I would expect about 1-2mpg increase, especially on longer trips.

Nikolas

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Reading Topic: Draxas drop in filter

I got a chance to flow-bench the air intake with and without the stock filter.

Virtually no difference.

The stock filter is not restrictive. Don't expect any horsepower gains. In fact, you may be better off with the paper filter- it lasts longer.

A good thread:
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopic.php?t=160

·
Registered
374 Posts

The stock paper filter lasts longer than a re-useable, washable, cotton gauze filter? :huh

·
Registered
5,757 Posts

Paper tends to go longer before needing service, yeah, and its filtration quality will does not vary as widely depending on how clean/oiled/worn it is. The exception would be if you're increasing the filtration area- but with a drop-in, you're not.

That said, Draxas does carry S&B filters- regarded as the best of cotton filters.

·
Registered
171 Posts

Originally posted by Stretch

That said, Draxas does carry S&B filters- regarded as the best of cotton filters.

your startin to sound like an s&b salesman :goon

·
Registered
311 Posts

Draxas_VP, maybe a dyno difference should be done to settle this.
An S&B Cotton filter dynoed and the a Draxas reusable filter. Lets see what the difference is on a dyno. Let the dyno be the judge.

·
Registered
374 Posts

The drop in filters we have are S&B Filters, they aren't Draxas filters.

What lead anyone to believe that? :huh

Nikolas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts