Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 6 I Touring and when you come to a stop, the down shifting of the transmission seems to be abnormally more rough to me than it should be. Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The auto-stick downshift feeling is more noticeable than the automatic... I think it gives it a sporty feel, but I feel it also depends on the point at which you shift up a gear. Try changing the RPM level that you shift with.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (aj09mazda6 @ Sep 28 2009, 10:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1604696
The auto-stick downshift feeling is more noticeable than the automatic... I think it gives it a sporty feel, but I feel it also depends on the point at which you shift up a gear. Try changing the RPM level that you shift with.[/b]
It is when I am in auto not in the manual.

·
Registered
17 Posts
QUOTE (birdmfc @ Jul 24 2009, 11:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1585614
I have an 09 6 I Touring and when you come to a stop, the down shifting of the transmission seems to be abnormally more rough to me than it should be. Does anyone else have this problem?[/b]

i had the same problem too. i have an 06 V6 Mazda 6. it used to happen when i was racing or going really fast and had to make a fast stop. i took it to the dealer and they tested it and it was fine but they reprogrammed it and updated the software it is much better.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (salariii @ Sep 30 2009, 06:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1605282
i had the same problem too. i have an 06 V6 Mazda 6. it used to happen when i was racing or going really fast and had to make a fast stop. i took it to the dealer and they tested it and it was fine but they reprogrammed it and updated the software it is much better.[/b]
Thanks, I will ask them to update the computer when I take it in next time and see what that does for me.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Im sure its just some adaptive learning crap that they use to try and make slushboxes feel more like a manual transaxle. Just try not to spill your coffee when it gets abrupt with you.

·
Registered
659 Posts
QUOTE (Flame6 @ Sep 30 2009, 08:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1605301
Im sure its just some adaptive learning crap that they use to try and make slushboxes feel more like a manual transaxle. Just try not to spill your coffee when it gets abrupt with you.[/b]
That was harsh and uncalled for. (Translation: really funny)

:D

Got this in an e-mail from a friend earlier today ;)
"Besides, SHO does not come with the manual in this iteration, so, I am sure they might as well paint it pink and call it a Ford Taurus Mary Kay edition. "

-Ernie

·
Registered
17 Posts
QUOTE (Ernie @ Oct 1 2009, 06:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1605657
That was harsh and uncalled for. (Translation: really funny)

:D

Got this in an e-mail from a friend earlier today ;)
"Besides, SHO does not come with the manual in this iteration, so, I am sure they might as well paint it pink and call it a Ford Taurus Mary Kay edition. "

-Ernie[/b]

well mazda is owned by ford ;) you may see a 2nd gen M-6 in pink once in a while but they call it some kinda red. the painter was color blind!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts