Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can we start a seperate thread about what the hell is going on with Doug's car?

when i'm curious to see whats going on i have to check in to 35 seperate threads were he talks about one issue or another.

maybe we can have him chime in with a simple break down of the past few months as well as a detailed "where I am now" kind of description of what the known and guessed issue is to date.

thanks Doug.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Where the hell have you been?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
promotion at work, bought and fixed up an 87 wrangler for a surprise birthday present for my girlfriend, got engaged, bought a new truck, haven't had time to wipe my ass nevermind do anything to my ms6 or even go online more than a few times.

Reactions: IHeartGroceries

·
Registered
295 Posts
his latest one is pretty up to date. im sure hell chime in soon. latest his he got his ap fixed from cobb.... he got paid so he ordered a new fuel rail and hard line. going to pay h is mechanic to put it in this week. we should know something midweek i think. hope it fixes it once and for all

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
promotion at work, bought and fixed up an 87 wrangler for a surprise birthday present for my girlfriend, got engaged, bought a new truck, haven't had time to wipe my ass nevermind do anything to my ms6 or even go online more than a few times.
Hey man, congrats on the engagement!

his latest one is pretty up to date. im sure hell chime in soon. latest his he got his ap fixed from cobb.... he got paid so he ordered a new fuel rail and hard line. going to pay h is mechanic to put it in this week. we should know something midweek i think. hope it fixes it once and for all
^That's about it. I initially swapped out my original fuel rail for a used one I bought for cheap off a blown motor (bad idea).... and the car would barely run, lol. I was trying to save a few bucks as I didn't want to spring for a new fuel rail and hard fuel line ($$$). My AP decided to die right after the install, which was a couple weeks ago. Here's what's been replaced in the fuel system:

1. New CPE hpfp
2. New fuel pump relays, and fuel pump resistor
3. New tank pump
4. Soon- New fuel rail + hard fuel line.

That really only leaves the line going from the tank to the hpfp, which I'm gonna have him look at, and the return line from the relief valve back to the hpfp. It is unlikely that it is one of the injectors as my Command EQ and Actual AFRs were spot on before I put the used rail in (haven't driven the car w/ the used rail... the fuel pressure sensor is shot). I also called Mazda to see how much it would be if I brought my ECU in to have a full diagnostic run on it, but after I told the tech the whole story, he said it isn't damage to a pin, etc.. on the ECU, or I'd be throwing codes left and right, which I am not. He also said that my problem is very unusual, LOL!! Been a long, shitty 3 months of dealing with the fuel pressure bs.

We're thinking the relief valve on (my original) fuel rail is leaking. I don't really know anymore, but I'm hoping the new fuel rail and hard fuel line do the trick.

EDIT: The "issue" has always been the same: Low idle fuel press (~200psi), NORMAL PT pressure (1,200-1,650psi), and Pressure drops under WOT (less than 800 psi). And 1,2,3 above didn't help at all.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
hurry up and fix your car mofo so I cant sell you these parts and get the wife to quit bitching about car parts all over the house : )
LOL!! I'm trying bro, I'm trying!! Hopefully she'll be running next week :confused: :O

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Think I found someone on the BNR so last chance if you want it : )
Oh snap! Thanks again man, but unfortunately, I have to pass... with my broke ass. I'll consider a BNR stage 3 down the road depending on the price/performance. Who knows... I gotta get her running first!

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
WTF happened to your car dude?... with all this things done it seems you are having some bad luck. I say get her running and just run her the way she is and stop modding. Shit you spent more money than anyone else here and with the problems you getting, it doesnt make any sense. Plus im still running my stock pump and shes running like a champ lol...

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
WTF happened to your car dude?... with all this things done it seems you are having some bad luck. I say get her running and just run her the way she is and stop modding. Shit you spent more money than anyone else here and with the problems you getting, it doesnt make any sense. Plus im still running my stock pump and shes running like a champ lol...
Dude, I'm a far cry from spending the most money on my car!! LOL!! Once it gets running, and the last couple of mods that are already waiting to get installed go in, I'll be fully bolted anyways, lol. I'm still missing a couple of mounts, but I don't really consider those mods per se.

And I agree on that it doesn't make any sense. I just got really unlucky, and have a fuel pressure issue no one has seen before afaik. I'm just grateful I learned a few things about tuning, and always monitor everything with my DH. That has already saved my engine once before when I had a bad vacuum leak. I'll be up and running soon enough, have her tuned quickly, and be back to enjoying the car :D.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Update: My mech got the parts in this morning, and the car should be "ready" by tomorrow afternoon. I have to go over a couple things with him first, but he's impossible to get on the phone, so I'm hoping that doesn't bump things another day.

Wish me luck! If this doesn't do it, it's gonna be sad times for douge!

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,550 Posts
No offense, Doug, but I don't think I've ever seen so much attention from any forum being put on a repair to a single car. It's like we're watching an action movie and we're all waiting, with bated breath, to see what happens next...

...All at your expense, of course. :nana:

·
Registered
186 Posts
^And we're all very happy it's not happening to us.

Good luck man. We're rooting for ya.

Reactions: dougefresh_

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
No offense, Doug, but I don't think I've ever seen so much attention from any forum being put on a repair to a single car. It's like we're watching an action movie and we're all waiting, with bated breath, to see what happens next...

...All at your expense, of course. :nana:
LOL!! No offense taken my friend. Well, no one has ever had this F'd up fuel press problem before, which I'm sure has a lot to do with it. That and every time we think we have it figure out, it ends in a fail. Believe me, I'll be the most happy to STFU about this problem if/when it ever gets resolved! If nothing else, once it is figured out and resolved, it will help the next super unlucky prick it happens to. I actually think some others may have had this issue, but weren't paying close attention or didn't catch it, and blew. So, I consider myself lucky in that regard.

And yes, and my expense, fml :(

Reactions: AtTheDriveIn

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
......I actually think some others may have had this issue, but weren't paying close attention or didn't catch it, and blew......
Yep, this for SURE!

STAY AWAY from PTP shit! The problems with practically everything John has "developed" are incredible.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Man, all this talk about the PTP HPFP internals are giving me second doubts of installing the, but I bought them months ago for cheap. Not sure what to do.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Well, you can roll the dice or go with something for SURE that is better. I like the KMD internals kit, but the CPE seems dead reliable as well, but too much $$$ for me.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I returned my PTP (uninstalled) and am saving for a CPE pump.
Good call. How's the stocker holding up under wot? What's the pressure like? When mine started to trickle down, it wasn't in every log all the time. I caught it dropping to 1,200 then 1,100 and then 1,000 in a couple logs, and I decided to upgrade :rolleyes: my hpfp.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts