Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys sorry if this is a repost the forum will not let me search. perhaps im 2 new??

ANYWAY. I am trying to find and double din dash kit for my 06 mazda6. I am trying to fit an alpine IVA-w200 in the location of the stock radio. Anyhelp would be appreciated greatly.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Not necessarily true. Corksport is supposed to be testing a double din kit from Japan. IT IS PRODUCED THAT IS A FACT. They just don't know if the curcuit board will work the same as the Metra one.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Unforunately, I'm sure corksport will mark their product up x2 like everything else they sell.

Your best option:
Metra kit + Dremel + $12 Bondo-glass + $6 Glazing putty + Patience and Time = Double Din kit

·
Registered
829 Posts
man, I think anything double din under $300 I would buy. Heck, anything decent single din I would get for less than $150-200 (of course the Metra would be fine if it worked with the 06).

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
If you'd like, I can customize your Metra Kit to fit a double din unit. My friend and me are getting pretty good at working with fiberglass, bondo, etc.

Recent work:

PM me if interested.

·
Registered
626 Posts
man that looks pretty tight, I might be interested.
How much do yall normally charge?

·
Registered
76 Posts
that looks tight, awesome job, especially for doing it on your own. I wish i saw more DIY'ers take that much time and patience with it.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Yeah I hate to copy, but it really was the only practical place to put it. The only other idea was parrallel to the shifter, but that would have looked out of place.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Will do, but unforunately that's months away if I even decide to get it painted after I'm all done fabricating. Might just wait till Spring since there really isn't anymore car shows till March-May.

·
Registered
592 Posts
if the 06 has climate control then this wont work for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I believe it does have climate control... When i take out the factory radio there is an entire green "circuit Board' built into it.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Actually,it WILL work for you as my OTHER 6 has Climate control and I'm doing the same thing with it. It's actually EASIER on the climate control models as you don't have to move as much since the factory climate control is all one unit instead of having to move separate buttons and lights for the manual heat- a/c stuff. Since the manual systems have things spread out more over the back of the kit,there is naturally more things to find new homes for.
AND BOTH ystems have that BIG GREEN CIRCUIT BOARD. I have already been a part of doing an 06 the same way w/ climate control too,We are deciding what color to paint it right now since he wants his to be different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually,it WILL work for you as my OTHER 6 has Climate control and I'm doing the same thing with it. It's actually EASIER on the climate control models as you don't have to move as much since the factory climate control is all one unit instead of having to move separate buttons and lights for the manual heat- a/c stuff. Since the manual systems have things spread out more over the back of the kit,there is naturally more things to find new homes for.
AND BOTH ystems have that BIG GREEN CIRCUIT BOARD. I have already been a part of doing an 06 the same way w/ climate control too,We are deciding what color to paint it right now since he wants his to be different.
[/b]

Could u post some pics of what u are doing ??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts