Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I drove a few friends around today and the person sitting on the rear right side of the car could not open the door from the inside. So we had to open it from the outside to let her out. I have only had the car for about 2 months now and I bought it used with about 35,000 miles on it. Does anyone know of this issue? Perhaps something is stuck or came loose with the release mechanism?

Thanks for any advice,
Ben

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all, I drove a few friends around today and the person sitting on the rear right side of the car could not open the door from the inside. So we had to open it from the outside to let her out. I have only had the car for about 2 months now and I bought it used with about 35,000 miles on it. Does anyone know of this issue? Perhaps something is stuck or came loose with the release mechanism?

Thanks for any advice,
Ben
It might be rear door child safety lock engaged. perhaps

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I thought but I can open the left rear door from the inside and not the right. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
563 Posts
A) child saftey locks don't affect both sides, you have to do each door manually.
b) something between the handle and the door release mechanism may be broken. (had this happen in my first car)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A) child saftey locks don't affect both sides, you have to do each door manually.
b) something between the handle and the door release mechanism may be broken. (had this happen in my first car)
Thanks for the reply:

a) How do you toggle the child safety locks on a Mazda6? I am going to look it up in a second but perhaps you can give me better instructions.
b) Where did you get the mechanism fixed and how much did it cost?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is what I thought but I can open the left rear door from the inside and not the right. Thanks for the reply.
next time you buy gas (petrol) ask somebody on gas station to fix the door. They will help for free

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just checked and it was the safety locks. There is a little white lever you move up or down. I must have changed it when I was washing my car last week. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
follow-up

I just checked and it was the safety locks. There is a little white lever you move up or down. I must have changed it when I was washing my car last week. Thanks for all the replies.
I am experiencing the same problem in my speed6. Where is the lever you were talking about for the safety locks?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
yes where is the lever?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
wow im realllllly dumb. and it worked....thanks to all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts