Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a set of door sill trim plates for my 2014 Mazda6. I figure I can install them myself since they attach with double sided tape! The parts person at my local dealer said they charge 3/4ths hour of labor to install them! You have to measure the location, wipe the surface down with alcohol and press the plates into place. I figure 10 minutes max for me, since you have to do this four times!

I found these trim plates on amazon.com advertised as OEM for $118.45. The parts person said his price was $124.95, but would match the amazon.com price. So, I will save $6.50!

Once I get the door sill plates installed, I will report back as to my HP gain, top speed increase and EPA increase! Waxing your door sills helps, but not by as much!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I picked up my door sill trim plates this morning. They came with 18 pages of instructions (i.e., 6 pages x 3 different languages). Basically, you are supposed to eyeball the location! I could re-do the instructions on 1 page in 6 different languages!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Install of the OEM door sill on my M6 was a breeze. I made sure the contact surface was squeaky/lint/dust free clean and I used more than enough alcohol wipes it needs (am a nurse, so..:D) for the double sided tape. Great results and protects the JBM paint sill job. For $89.32/set shipped, its well worth it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Install of the OEM door sill on my M6 was a breeze. I made sure the contact surface was squeaky/lint/dust free clean and I used more than enough alcohol wipes it needs (am a nurse, so..:D) for the double sided tape. Great results and protects the JBM paint sill job. For $89.32/set shipped, its well worth it.
Did you get them from Mazda for that price, or another vendor? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Can't search by year 2014. Do you have the part number?
Part# is 0000-8T-H51.

The scuff plates was only part of a huge order MFP was supposed to fulfill for me. When the order fell through, I demanded an additional price break for the sill plates, thus the $89 pricing. It is now $93.71, still the lowest anywhere around. I'd suggest you pad your order to reach $100 (an oil filter or two, etc.) to get free shipping.

After researching around the interwebs...I found out that MonsterFactoryParts has the best prices on anything OEM Mazda, and its always free shipping over $100, $7.95 flat rate under. Btw, I am not in anyway affiliated with this place...:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wish there were cheaper plastic ones.
Look through the mod thread.. someone posted a link there and they were CHEAP.. planning on ordering a set myself, but too lazy to look for it right now lol.
You mean these?

2014 Mazda 6 chrome Stainless steel door sill scuff plates Guards - $31.00 : JUST-autotrim, The Art of Auto trim parts

Posted in this thread: http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazda-6...ent/290666-14-m6-accessories-under-175-a.html

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Those aren't OEMs right?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
they're stainless and etched and the same pattern.. soooo.. who knows. The same ventshades without the chrome strip from the same MFG without chrome is $50 instead of 200. These are probably the same thing lol

Reactions: zoomzum

·
Registered
3 Posts
2014 Mazda 6 chrome Stainless steel door sill scuff plates Guards - $31.00 : JUST-autotrim, The Art of Auto trim parts[/url]

Has anyone ordered this? It looks really good in picture. I wanted to get one but it says only for 2014, I have 2013 Mazda 6, could anyone kindly tell me if it will fit 2013 model and is it any good?
Thank you kindly

·
Registered
3 Posts
I really doubt it. I'm waiting on reviews from a few folks on here that have ordered them before I pull the trigger (plus I won't have my '15 6 for another few weeks anyway).
Did you buy the door sills from Just Auto?? I want ro get one but not sure if they are any good. I have sent Just auto trims msg to ask if it fits 2013 model but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I have lots of scratch already so wanted to install one asap.ent from*AutoGuide.com Free AppDid you buy the door sills from Just Auto?? I want ro get one but not sure if they are any good. I have sent Just auto trims msg to ask if it fits 2013 model but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I have lots of scratch already so wanted to install one asap.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts