Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. A couple of weeks ago, all the screws holding the door actuator somehow came out of my passanger door, causing it to fall inside the door. I've since then replaced the screws, however my door sensor is still on. I have taken apart the door & put the handle rod back in place, the door shuts just fine, but I'm having a hard time finding where my door sensors are located at to have them possibly replaced? Please help:(

·
Registered
213 Posts
Uhhh, do you mean the latch assembly inside your door unscrewed itself? And no, the door trigger is a little plunger on the b pillar of the car. It's easily seen with the door open and if pushed should act like the door is closed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mazda 3 BK facelift & Mazda 6 GG/GY facelift did away with the "little plunger" and incorporated it into the actual door lock/latch assembly that's held in by the 3 screws.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes all 3 screws one day werent on my door whenever I went to close it, causing the whole latch to fall inside the door panel. My brother works on machines so he brought me home 3 replactment screws to hold the latch in place. but since then doors will lock whenever my car is turned off. Whenever I am driving or parked with the car still on, the doors will not lock. I go to lock them & they unlock automatically. I wasnt sure if there is a reset somewhere or not. I really dont want to have to replace the whole assembly if I dont have to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the late response, its a 2009 mazda 6. I have taken the door apart and unplugged the lock assembly, still no luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had the same issue with my drivers side door about 3 days ago... All 3 screws are just randomly gone. I replaced screws and it closes just fine but the door ajar light remains on at all times. Did you ever get this issue fixed? If so, what did you end up doing?

Thank you,
-Preston

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question

Hi,

I recently had the same thing happen to me 3 days ago except with my drivers side door. I have a 2009 Mazda 6 i-Touring. The door just wouldn't latch anymore and noticed all three screws were randomly missing (turns out this was a recall back in 2013 for this exact issue). I replaced the screws and door would close perfectly. However, door ajar light remains on 100% of the time causing door lights to drain battery (unplugged these so it doesn't happen).

Did you ever fix your issue? If so, what did you end up doing?

Thanks,
-Preston

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone ever figure out a fix for this issue? My girlfriends Mazda 6 has the same problem. Screws disappeared, I replaced them and now the ajar light won't go off! There has to be a simple fix to this right???

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is a very very late response to this thread but did anyone ever fix this issue? I have a door ajar light on and my battery drains I’m thinking because of this.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
This is a very very late response to this thread but did anyone ever fix this issue? I have a door ajar light on and my battery drains I’m thinking because of this.
I've read somewhere that WD-40 works fine. I didn't read the first post so I'massuming that the issue you have is that the sensors are not working well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've read somewhere that WD-40 works fine. I didn't read the first post so I'massuming that the issue you have is that the sensors are not working well.
Yeah that’s pretty much the issue. I’ll try WD-40 then see if that somehow fixes the issue. Otherwise I would have to get another door latch I suppose.

·
Registered
1 Posts
don’t waste your money on door sensor. I had this exact issue - screws backed out, latch fell in door, replaced screws, door ajar remain on and drains battery. I went ahead and paid $120 for a new sensor and its not the problem. Mechanic was also surprised by this. Screws only backed out of the drivers door. I can’t seem to figure it out either

1 - 14 of 14 Posts