Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that most if not all '6 cars that I've seen pics of have door protectors/guards/whatevers on them. I hate these with a passion. Are these dealer-installed, port-installed, etc? Can I order a car without them or would I have to get them removed later?

thanks,
-Alt

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: Door protectors?

Note the protectors on the doors, halfway down the doors vertically. I hate those. They're fugly and don't do enough to justify their presence.

-Alt

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

So they're not drilled in? They're just applied like badges? That would be nice...

thanks,
-Alt

PS, where'd you get the hilarious avatar?? I'd love to have a copy of the full size version!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Sorry, they are not glued on. They are mounted on clips. You'll have to live with those...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Door protectors?'

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Sorry, they are not glued on. They are mounted on clips. You'll have to live with those...[/b]
oops my bad.....sorry

I'll try to find the "Ronald staring at his 6" avatar for you :D

·
Registered
878 Posts

Door protectors, Door protectors, Door protectors, Door protectors, Door protectors, Door protectors, Door protectors, Door protectors, and link to avatars Door protectors, Door protectors, Door protectors, :D

·
Registered
464 Posts

on a plus side they are painted the color of the car, on my car they are a plasticy dark grey color. I've seen them shaved before but like everything else in life it comes with a price.

·
Registered
391 Posts

I wouldn't take it off. I had an Honda Accord before without it and got some scrathes because of twit people that doesn't care when they open their doors in the parking lot. Since that car, I started to buy cars with it...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Actually, those bars are almost never where they're needed - hence you get dings and scratches any way... :(

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Actually, those bars are almost never where they're needed - hence you get dings and scratches any way... :([/b]

My point exactly. Unless they run the entire vertical height of the door, how are they likely to be *precisely* where they're needed to protect the door? It's just a silly assumption that they will be. I'd rather not have them at all than have them for the 1% chance that they'll protect the door in the other 10% chance that someone would swing their door open on you.

Just park intelligently.

-Alt

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

If they are port installed, can they be de-optioned?

thanks,
-Alt

·
Registered
980 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Door protectors?

i can see how one might not like it as it does kinda disrupt or deceive the lines of the car but i dont really mind it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts