Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I have a question that I have not seen on here. Background- 09 2nd Gen 6i sport that belonged to my son who smoked like a freight train in the vehicle.

Subsequently there are cigarette (and/or joint :eek:) burns covering the cloth inserts on all of the door panels. Having just looked at them and not pulled the panels off yet I was wondering if it was possible to pull the panel and then remove the insert so it can be recovered?

Likewise the headliner (gray) has several cigarette burns and is quite stained from all of the smoking having been done in the vehicle. I know it needs recovering but I am unsure of how to remove the headliner so I can recover it.

I am quite well versed in such things and would be happy to tackle the recovering myself, but I need to know the answers to those questions. I know just replacing the headliner would do wonders for getting the smoke smell out of the vehicle as well. It smells like an ash tray in there (and/or a Turkish prison bathroom) and I would like for it to be a little nicer for my lovely wife and I to drive.

·
Registered
659 Posts
You can't f*****g get rid of cigarette smoke.

It permeates everything.

Removing the headliner is super-involved . . . but that's not the issue. Someone who chain-smokes, the crap settles EVERYWHERE.

I hate to say this (because I sound like the people that say "sell your M6 and buy a speed6") but a clean interior is harder to get than a new tranny. Sorry man :/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts