Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 quick questions....I'm guessing they are either yes or no.

1) Ok, I get in, start up, drive away. Is there a way to re-program the door locks to lock when I drive away or do I actually have to hit the little itty-bitty lock button. Proving to be a little difficult with my sausage fingers...

2) When I stop, I pull on the door handle to get out. Finding out I actually have to hit the button to UNLOCK the car before I can get out. Not a big deal, but annoying since the last 2 cars I've had don't require me to do this....I stop, pull the door handle and the door unlocks (automatically) and the door opens.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have 2 quick questions....I'm guessing they are either yes or no.

1) Ok, I get in, start up, drive away. Is there a way to re-program the door locks to lock when I drive away or do I actually have to hit the little itty-bitty lock button. Proving to be a little difficult with my sausage fingers...

2) When I stop, I pull on the door handle to get out. Finding out I actually have to hit the button to UNLOCK the car before I can get out. Not a big deal, but annoying since the last 2 cars I've had don't require me to do this....I stop, pull the door handle and the door unlocks (automatically) and the door opens.

Thanks in advance.
[/b]
1.) I think you can purchase something that would auto-lock.

2.) You can hit the unlock button, or you can unlock the little lock on the door handle and it will open for you. I'm sure they'd have something out there to set that for you too. But I'm sure neither would be cheap.

·
Registered
38 Posts
An alarm system would do the trick... When i get in my car and have the doors shut and start my car, the doors lock. when I turn the engine off the door locks unlock. Keyless entry is what your probably looking for and not to expensive either. I got my alarm for about 125 installed at best buy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, just wasn't sure if you could program the locks to do this.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts