Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new here but not to Mazdas. I've been searching and searching and can't find someone who is having my issue. We have a 2007 Mazda 6i and it's possessed. My wife keeps telling when she's driving it down the road it will randomly lock the doors and you can't unlock them unless you either manually unlock or turn the car off and use the FOB. You can't use the unlock button the door. Also the trunk will sometimes pop open while driving down the road. I didn't quite understand her until I was driving it yesterday and it did it to me. The blinkers also will sometimes go into hyper-mode when it starts this and will go back and forth between normal blinking and hyper blinking.

The last couple of times she told me it did this I just replaced the battery in the FOB, but I just replaced it three months ago so this shouldn't be the problem. If I recall it seems to be only when it's raining so I think something is getting wet. It doesn't happen everytime it rains, just once in a blue moon.

Another theroy I have is that something is wrong with the FOB itself as I went into the store and she stayed in the car and it didn't do its random lock/unlock like it does when in the garage, so it may be a proximity thing leading to the FOB being the issue.

Oh one last thing, after we parked it in the garage and getting stuff out, the blinker just came on for no reason with the car off. I unhooked the battery and let it sit for about an hour and rehooked it back up. Started the car and it just went crazy with locking and unlocking. It did stop and everything was normal for the rest of the night.

Sorry for the novel, I'm just out of ideas.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Chief Exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth in the Vatican I hear is the best at exorcising the demons among us and our cars,lol.

It does sound like something is pinging you electrically especially if it is doing it to things that require a signal like your locks and the trunk(which would freak the hell out of me,lol). I would bring it in and do a voltage test, or yourself if you know how and see if your having a surge somewhere that keeps sending signals.

B

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think Mazda would be able to trace it (could be wrong as usual) since it is so rare when it does it but equally dangerous. I've got a volt tester so I could do it myself, I just don't know where to start.

Something I just thought of, the front passenger door stopped making the interior lights come on when the door is open, I'm wondering if the little door ajar thing could be the culprit (exposed wire or something) and maybe some water is sneaking in there. I'll start there.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
If you think its the fob, use the crappy valet key that doesnt have buttons on it.

If it still does it, water must be going down your door and shorting something out to send the signal to lock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts