Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greets all,

This is a mod I did in a few hours but I want to make it perfect, here is my issue.

You can see the wire going from the dash to the door I want to hide this somehow but I couldn't figure out how to route it into the door, does anyone have any suggestions. I tried looking at the molex connect at the door but it seemed like there was no room.

Here is everything lit up. Sorry about the fuzziness, my camera isn't that great at night.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Not sure what you wired it too, but couldn't you have tapped into the wire for the corner curtesy light to power your new LED's?

Then all the wiring would have been interior to the door, and wouldn't have needed to worry about a new wire going from the door.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Not sure what you wired it too, but couldn't you have tapped into the wire for the corner curtesy light to power your new LED's?

Then all the wiring would have been interior to the door, and wouldn't have needed to worry about a new wire going from the door.
[/b]
Good point....If it's not to much of a hastle you should think about what he said....the only problem is you lose juice to your corner courtesy as well as LED being on at the same time versus a 12Volt switch for on and off or however you have it wired....defintely something to look at doing though, I know my last vehicle I had to cut open the rubber piece hiding everything in between the door where the hinges are, just so I could run wires for my LEDs and 2 amps in the back seat as well as some speaker wire, it's all to your discretion.....btw...it still looks nice!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts