Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be honest I didn't search nor did I have the urge to since its 2:30am and I am super lazy.

Just curious if they have any clear overlays for the inner part of the door handle. I've noticed that it always gets scratches from peoples finger nails and it looks horrible. I know they do have some inserts for it like..chrome or something like that, just wan't something clear and rather thick.

I would just use some 3M stuff, but I guess I would need to cut it out perfect and use a heat gun to shape it in?....

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea seriously I remember I had my old 6i for like 8 months and it was scratched to all hell...anyone seen this?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I haven't had that problem with my 6. Hmm. It's not scratched at all.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I've noticed that too. Clear inlays would be a good idea but I haven't seen any. I suppose you could find some LCD protectors (like the ones they cell for iPods) but the size wouldn't match. I'm seriously considering shaving the handles.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i dont think they have those but that is a good idea i always see cars with scratched under the handle.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm kinda surprised...that there isnt...maybe I'll think of something =\

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good idea. My wifes ring scratched the hell out of our RSX.

·
Registered
488 Posts
same, mine get scratched up, i remember there being chrome bowls available, but yeh cheesy...shaving door handles and getting them actuators that open them at the press of button would be awesome :p sleek

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hell yeah!!! Shaved handles look siiiicccckkkk. Anyone know how much that would cost to get done? What do they just fill in the handle slots with bondo and then paint it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts