Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a key slot on the front passenger side? At least from all the pictures I see of the NA version, there is none.

Is there one in other version?

I don't mind not having it since you have remote door lock/unlock anyway. I think it makes the car line much more smoother and flowing. However, I am curious since I see that in most new car now.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Door handles on front passenger side'

Here in Finland you get only one remote by the way (*******!)...
What about other countries?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Two remotes in Sweden. And two keys in the hatch/wagon. The sedan gets a third key (garage shop key, it cannot open the glove compartment or the trunk).

·
Registered
355 Posts

See, that's where they usually save in Finland... high taxation on cars, and they try to make cars prices down by giving us only ONE remote... I believe every other country has two?

One remote costs around 1000+ eur, do you believe that?? That is the price they sell it out here, because I was interested to have two - wasn't after I heard the price.

The amount of keys is minimum 2 ofcourse... I guess we should be lucky to get atleast one remote? :p

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

My old 626 came with only one remote. I had to buy a second (you should have seen my wife's face when she realized there was only one remote included...)...

:sarc

·
Registered
355 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

My old 626 came with only one remote. I had to buy a second (you should have seen my wife's face when she realized there was only one remote included...)...

:sarc[/b]
I wonder if my wifes face could match with it??? She found the same from our Mazda6 just after we had ordered the car (too late to say anything - smart from me)... First thing she asked from the dealer was "How much for another one?"... And once I heard the price I had to be like "Ahem... Lets wait that the car is here and then see..." :sarc

And ofcourse I told her that she will get the remote and I will buy one if it seems to be a trouble. I will wait and see how this turns out to be once we get the car and drive it.

Tomorrow I can go and DROOL over my Mazda6, dealer will finally get it!

Then I have to wait till monday, then they will fix th MD's, winter tyres etc... And check that it is not damaged after import...

·
Registered
167 Posts

Hmmm.. do I really need two remotes?

Even if my girlfriend is going to drive the car (which she is not :p)...as long as there are two keys?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

No, you don't necessarily need it. Unless you (as I) have an alarm attached to it. I have a DEFA alarm (www.defa.no) that is switched on and off using the original car remote. Perfect solution so you don't have to use two remotes...

But when you have this, you really need one remote per driver, or you can't turn the alarm off...:D

·
Registered
167 Posts

Ohh I see! Didn't know there was such a thing :D

Thanks for explaining!

·
Registered
355 Posts

Yeah. And especially since the front passanger doesn't have a key hole... And if s/he wants to open door with her key, she has to go on the drivers side to open it.

Which is not a problem at all. Since the car COMES WITH TWO REMOTES!!! :D :D :D

My dealer made mistake, it always comes with two remotes here in Finland. Since I was one of the first ones to order a M6 here, the dealer thought that it is the same as 626... And now I have seen my car!!!!! YES I HAVE SEEN IT!!!!! DROOOOLLLL:D :D :D :D
THere was two remotes. :)

Here is a picture of the front passangers door, no key holes - COOL! DROOL...

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Cool!

You selected the yellow colour. Wow, I did not know yellow will be popular other than NA. People here is obsessed with yellow since I guess it makes them feel young and plucky. :D

·
Registered
355 Posts

The yellow was especially my wifes choice, I have to admit. For me it was one of the top three colors... Silver, black, yellow... Since I couldn't deside which to take it was easy to go with my wifes choice.

NOW after I got the car, and can see (and compare) with more real cars available (when we ordered we had only silver, blue and red to test drive) and I have really seen the car as yellow... And yellow with black inside just looks the coolest.

I can't believe that I have such a cool car waiting me about 3 km away. Now I can go and drool on its hood every NIGHT when I can't sleep. :p

Just have to wait few days for those final setups and cleaning from sea water protecting wax etc.

·
Registered
355 Posts

And by the way, keys and remotes came from the factory with the car (naturally). So this would make me think that you get two remotes no matter where you live in the world.

And about the yellow, it is not POPULAR here in Finland... Not the way that everyone would like to get it. Which made also a very good choice, easy to locate your car in a parking lot! :D

There will be some yellow ones ofcourse, but more silver, blue and red... Those seem to be more normal colors people go with here in Northern Europe for some funny reason?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

It's not easy to assume that all markets get two remotes. Also, there are different remotes on different markets.

For example, I'm quite sure that the NA version will have a "Trunk open" button, which we don't get here.

·
Registered
355 Posts

It's not easy to assume that all markets get two remotes. Also, there are different remotes on different markets.

For example, I'm quite sure that the NA version will have a "Trunk open" button, which we don't get here.[/b]
NA version will definately be different.
I was just assuming that maybe the cars made in Japan are more alike... But we have seen that it is possible that they are not. And remotes are easy thing to send 1 or 2 etc.

But so far nobody has said that they get only one remote?
Anyone?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Japan has a different remote also, according to the Japanese site. But as they put no keyhole in the passenger door, I guess they simply have to deliver two remotes with each car.

·
Registered
244 Posts

...as they put no keyhole in the passenger door, I guess they simply have to deliver two remotes with each car.[/b]
I do not understand the connection ...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

The passenger may wish to open the car also. Without walking around to driver's side, unlocking, and then walking back to passenger side...

See, there's your connection!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts