Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how do u take off the door gaurds off the doorsand what are u guys opinions on that. I was wondering if i needed anything and will there be any marks from where the door guards use to be?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I was wondering how do u take off the door gaurds off the doorsand what are u guys opinions on that. I was wondering if i needed anything and will there be any marks from where the door guards use to be?
[/b]
this is answered many times and it is even stickied but i am nice so i will help you out. you need to heat them up, i used a blow dryer and then i took an old credit card and slid it under to release it then kept heating it and pulling until the whole thing came off, there was some residue so i used some goo gone and some elbow grease to remove the marks, after that i waxed the area and you could never tell they were there.

if this isint help ful then SEARCH there are many people that have done this and there is step by step instructions on here somewhere.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, i guess i didnt search the threads enough. I rethought it, i guess im not going to take them off, lol.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Thanks guys, i guess i didnt search the threads enough. I rethought it, i guess im not going to take them off, lol.
[/b]
no way take them off, the car looks so much more cleaner with them off, and plus it only takes about 30 minutes and it makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no way take them off, the car looks so much more cleaner with them off, and plus it only takes about 30 minutes and it makes a world of difference.
[/b]
I dont know, i might, it does make it look much more clean with them off, i guess it all depends on the mood...lol.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
"IF" after taking them off you don't like it you can always put them back on. Just make sure you lay them flat and nothing touches the 3M tape. I reinstalled mine so I could trade it in.

·
Registered
149 Posts
[/b]
30 mins? min took about 5. Take dental floss, double the thread n start flossing on the pointed end and when you cleared about a 1/2 inch just peel smoothly. the glue WILL stay on the guard. the last guard i peeled off in about 10 seconds. heat helps, if its not peeling smoothly hold a hair dryer to it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
30 mins? min took about 5. Take dental floss, double the thread n start flossing on the pointed end and when you cleared about a 1/2 inch just peel smoothly. the glue WILL stay on the guard. the last guard i peeled off in about 10 seconds. heat helps, if its not peeling smoothly hold a hair dryer to it.
[/b]
Thanks for that info, that would help alot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts