Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone's car come with door edge guards?

I wasn't sure if all 6's come standard with door edge guards or if mine included it as an "extra". Or if these came shipped with cars and the dealers were supposed to remove them prior to a sale, like what they'd do with the sheet coverings that cars come delivered in.

The pictures I've searched online don't show any with door edge guards. The black strips on my white car really break up the flow of things.

Should I request the dealer to remove them or should I do it myself? A friend suggested I get it painted to match the car...something I wouldn't really want.

Suggestions welcome!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Did anyone's car come with door edge guards?

I wasn't sure if all 6's come standard with door edge guards or if mine included it as an "extra". Or if these came shipped with cars and the dealers were supposed to remove them prior to a sale, like what they'd do with the sheet coverings that cars come delivered in.

The pictures I've searched online don't show any with door edge guards. The black strips on my white car really break up the flow of things.

Should I request the dealer to remove them or should I do it myself? A friend suggested I get it painted to match the car...something I wouldn't really want.

Suggestions welcome!
Can you please post a pix - not sure if your talking about molding down the middle of the doors or something on the doors when you open them??

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the pics:

It's just wrapped around the door edges on all four doors.

I wouldn't have minded them as much if they were the same color as the body, but the black just messes up the look of the car. My friend's 2014 Mazda 3 doesn't have this.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it's unsightly! Am I only one that had this come with the car? I didn't see this listed as an extra on the window sticker, so I thought all cars came with it. I just haven't seen any cars that actually have it!

Where can I get some heat to remove this? I don't have a garage. =(

·
Registered
382 Posts
You could also ask the dealer's shop to do it. They should have a heat gun and could do it right. Just make sure you're not paying for it. Run it through your sales guy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was what I was intending on doing. Thanks for the tip!

But doing it myself might be fun too. :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Kill it. Kill it with fire!
But seriously, a hair dryer/heat gun will get it off and goo gone for sticky residue. Done. Alot faster than fartin around at the dealership

Sent via skid marks -/(zoomzoom)\-

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmm, I just need to find someone with a garage or a place with outdoor outlets.

I'm not going to spend the money on a cordless hairdryer or heat gun just for this...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Here are the pics:

It's just wrapped around the door edges on all four doors.

I wouldn't have minded them as much if they were the same color as the body, but the black just messes up the look of the car. My friend's 2014 Mazda 3 doesn't have this.
OMG that is horrible. WTF were they thinking. If they were white I wouldn't mind having them, added protection, but black????? I would have had them remove that before you took ownership... As others stated.. just bring it back and have them remove it. Should not take them more than a half hour or so. Make an appointment so your not standing around there all day. Good Luck!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OMG that is horrible. WTF were they thinking. If they were white I wouldn't mind having them, added protection, but black????? I would have had them remove that before you took ownership... As others stated.. just bring it back and have them remove it. Should not take them more than a half hour or so. Make an appointment so your not standing around there all day. Good Luck!
Yeah, I feel the same way.

It's funny, I didn't even notice them until a friend pointed them out on the 2nd day of ownership. I blame it on how dark it was by the time I picked it up. =p

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Has anyone found a suitable 3rd party provider for Door Edge Guards on the 6? I have Soul Red.
6.5 year old thread bump? Just get universal ones and cut them, or get 3M edge tape.
As a follow-up, you must be referring to this one:

This tape is transparent so it won't "break" the color of the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts