Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a door ding. Stands out pretty bad. Is there anything I can try myself to get it out, or should I just call a professional and see what they can do? The ding is about 8 to 10 inches blow the window on the driver's side rear door.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Yeah door dings suck....It will probably cost you a couple hundred to let a professional get it fixed.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
So i have a door ding. Stands out pretty bad. Is there anything I can try myself to get it out, or should I just call a professional and see what they can do? The ding is about 8 to 10 inches blow the window on the driver's side rear door.
[/b]
Got a pic of it? Door dings suck!! :irate:

·
Registered
328 Posts
that sucks. see if you can find a paintless dent removal guy. like someone else said it will probably be a couple hundred to bang out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't bother, you will eventually get more. When i first got my 6 I stopped at a gas mart and sure enough a minivan parks right next to me and the kid in the front swings his door wide open and nails my right front fender. It was minor but it hurt. I blew $120 on removing two small dings on the driver side only to get 3 more on the passenger side. Save ur money and wait a while till you get a few. Some shops charge per side so they charge the same to remove one ding as they do for three on the same side.

·
Registered
286 Posts
How bad is it? Is there damage to the paint or just a small dent? Some numbnut gave me a door ding a while back and took off of course. It was just a small ding and didn't damage the paint. I read about paintless dent removal and found this shop with good review. I took the car there and in 15 min, the car was back to brand new. He only charged me $60CDN even though he quoted me 80. Definitely try paintless dent removal but do some research on your local shops for workmanship. The tools they use are simple, it's all in the skills of the tech. Next time, try parking your car as far away from minivans or big trucks as possible.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
If the paint isn't damaged get it fixed. I used a guy called the "Ding King" and he came to my house to fix it. These guys will also come to your place of work. Easy fast and you won't flinch everytime you see your car.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is no paint damage. I know the kid who did it. I saw it happen before my eyes. It was horrible. My friend was loading up their SUV next to my car for a tailgate and was paying no attention to the door. It left a white paint streak on my door, but that came off easy with no scratches, phew.

I have heard about the paintless dent removal. I have heard about a mexican guy that will do stuff like that for around $50 I think. Something about these "wands" he rubs on the inside of the panel and it just smoothes panel right out.

If i cant find any solutions for under $70, i'm not going to fix it at this point.

I'll also see if I can get a pic of it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
There is no paint damage. I know the kid who did it. I saw it happen before my eyes. It was horrible. My friend was loading up their SUV next to my car for a tailgate and was paying no attention to the door. It left a white paint streak on my door, but that came off easy with no scratches, phew.

I have heard about the paintless dent removal. I have heard about a mexican guy that will do stuff like that for around $50 I think. Something about these "wands" he rubs on the inside of the panel and it just smoothes panel right out.

If i cant find any solutions for under $70, i'm not going to fix it at this point.

I'll also see if I can get a pic of it.
[/b]
Around $60 is the norm for paintless dent repair. Contact your local dealer to see who they use, usually they have someone on stand-by for hail damage and parking lot accidents.

Next door neighbor bought a brand new Mustang GT and had it for only a few months when someone dinged him. He works for a Chevy dealership service department, so he asked around at work to see who they use. The guy came out while he was doing another job at the dealership and straightened out the ding - only charged him $20 and it took him about 10 minutes. He didn't even have to take apart the door, he had special tools that fit in the window cavity.

PDR is pretty common and you can't beat the price. A body shop will want to bondo and repaint which will not only cost you a fortune, but be very difficult to match/blend.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
don't bother, its part of driving it daily. 120bux is the standard for 1 ding, that money can be spent in better places like the bar.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
^^ QFT? KTHX

I had a dent in my hood... On a speed6 this can be bad considering how many "folds" we have in our hood.. its easier to remove a dent on a flat surface i think...

ANYWAY.. i had it completely removed... 100% perfect for 100 bucks I think it was... took about 2 hours...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I totally disagree. Fix it! Dirt is a part of life, but I keep washing my car. Even if nobody else could see the ding, it would always bother me. That alone IMO is worth the cost of getting it fixed.

·
Registered
814 Posts
My first ding had me on suicide watch until it was fixed...I hate them.

trust me when I say it...

Dent Wizard man...Dent Wizard. My car loves him...sh#t, so do I LOL.

http://www.dentwizard.com

·
Registered
210 Posts
don't bother, its part of driving it daily. 120bux is the standard for 1 ding, that money can be spent in better places like the bar.
[/b]
Never heard of it being that high. Shop around - the dude you talked to was looking for someone in need of an ass rape.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Never heard of it being that high. Shop around - the dude you talked to was looking for someone in need of an ass rape.
[/b]
If I may interject...mine cost 120 and Im not really the bend over type. But..one thing I am anal :laugh: about is my car...and to see the ding vanish was totally worht the money.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If I may interject...mine cost 120 and Im not really the bend over type. But..one thing I am anal :laugh: about is my car...and to see the ding vanish was totally worht the money.
[/b]
LOL! OK, poor choice of words ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts