Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So sometimes my ms6 has the common white smoke coming out the exhaust. Today i opened the hood and i saw where it was coming from. Right down by the turbo it seems to be smoking so i thought maybe a sticky intake valve. Then my cousin who has been a mechanic for jaguar and for gearhead said it could possibly be the oil return line.

I picked up some "stop smoke" from napa and put it in today. According to the bottle it will fix it as long as i have no broken valves or mechanical problems (duh)

any thoughts?

and what should i do if it is my turbo :(

Im assuming i will have NO warranty because of the mods i have done to my car as well

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
wtf is stop smoke?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
super it is called CD-2 Heavy Duty Sealer.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just wanted to add....i have an autometer boost guage. The one that starts at -20 and goes up to 20 or maybe 25 (cant remember off the top of my head). When i keep the boost below 0 my car doesnt smoke.

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
Looking at your sig, it doesn't seem like you have that many mods at all. Stocking out would probably be the easiest and cheapest solution for ya. Mazda even has a TSB out for this problem, so you should be able to get that replacement turbo.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
Am NOT NOT NOT NOT a fan of "stop leak" or "stop smoke" chemicals.

We have many small passages for oil to move through and/or film over. As the chemical agents are designed to PLUG SMALL HOLES, how can this be a good thing inside an already high strung motor?

Please Sir, do not address the symptom. Treat it for what it is, and use it to locate the real problem and fix that instead.

If an oil return line is suspect, pull it and look! DO NOT pour strange mystic chemical blends in there and pray - not gonna fix it, and may make things worse.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
your turbo is going to run dry from the plugged holes on your top oil banjo bolt, those holes are really small

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so now that it is clear that i was a dumbass by putting that stop smoke in my car. Should i take it into mazda? Im thinking its time for a new car this love/hate relationship isnt really cutting it for me anymore

·
Registered
3,414 Posts

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
if you drank the kool-aid, then just change your oil.

Even better, pour a half can of Sea-Foam in the crankcase, drive for 12-25(ish) miles, then change your oil.

Then fix the problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts